shape
carat
color
clarity

Help Pick New Setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

daboyzmomi

Shiny_Rock
Hi all!

Since the acquisition of the new wedding ring, I want to take my old center stone .53 RB SI1/I and have it remounted to wear on my right hand. I want to go with a diamond and sapphire antique type look, since this is the only birthstone of Daboyz I don''t have. Anyhoo,,my orginal like is this Fay Cullen design, but I happen upon this second one and love its delicate feautres and was thinking of adding sapphires either up the cathedral mounting or around crown,,,what do you all think? Any other design ideas you might like to throw out?

Fay Cullen Mounting
a-as215m1ds_lg2.jpg

Idea #2
rg677-3.jpg

rg677-4.jpg

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Oh, that second one is really pretty. I think little sapphires would be gorgeous. Is that from Fay Cullen too?

daboyzmomi

Shiny_Rock
Hi Hest,

The second one is actually from www.topazery.com. I just love it, not sure what I am going to do. Going to take the pictures to jeweler and see what they think. My one friend says to just go all diamonds, would look more like a beautiful crown. But I don't know, I was thinking sapphires and can't decide
naughty.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Ok, I am a little confused. Where will the diamond go? In the center, or did you want the sapphire center, like in the second ring...

By the way, I LOVE the second ring too...very very yummy. I always liked the look of sapphires and diamonds on white gold. It's such a lovely look!!!

daboyzmomi

Shiny_Rock
Center stone is going to be my .53 RB SI1/I from my orginal setting. That being said all diamond for sides or some combo of sapphs and diamonds?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sapphire pave ? Colorless stones 'blend' with the color of the metal. Blue sapphires look like 'dots' in the same formation with metal clearly showing between stones. Very different. It may not be possible to 'try them out' since settings usualy come with the pave stone sin place, but a bit of investigation in colored stone pave would make things clear. No idea wether you like the respective look or not... just making sure all ground is covered, I suppose.

The first one looks very nice
1.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
I will have to vote for the first one too then. The second one works great with a sapphire center, but the first one works the best with a diamond center. I like the accent sapphires on the sides, to complement the whiteness of the center stone. That's my vote!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmm not a fan of the first, the second is beautiful! Diamond or sapphire, lovely!

ClownFishFunk

Shiny_Rock
I love the second one - I think it would look fine with just a few sapphires here or there dispersed within the rest of the diamonds. I like the first one too but I think the second is much more delicate looking (which is more my style anyway). Hope this helps!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results