shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP: oven cleaning tips

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
i am at a loss on how to get the burnt dried up grease off the bottom of my oven...i tried to put it on today on preheat and smoke just filled the room so i had to turn it off! anyone have any good ideas on how to get this stuff off???

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Easy Off Fume Free Max

1.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/19/2009 4:55:39 PM
Author: somethingshiny
Easy Off Fume Free Max

1.gif
Absolutely - I''m assuming it is not a self cleaning oven though!

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the tip!..im assuming fume-free..is without smell ? I will send dh to get some tomorrow :)

I don''t know if the oven is self cleaning lol..but if it is I think its more hassle than just doing it yourself.

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
Fume free is not without smell, so to be safe have the dh do the work. It''s probably just a small spot anyway, so shouldn''t be too much work to clean
2.gif

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/19/2009 11:05:42 PM
Author: nycbkgirl
Thanks for the tip!..im assuming fume-free..is without smell ? I will send dh to get some tomorrow :)

I don''t know if the oven is self cleaning lol..but if it is I think its more hassle than just doing it yourself.
You can''t use oven cleaners on self cleaning ovens, so check and make sure before you use anything. Self-cleaning would have a self-cleaning option somewhere on it. They actually work quite well with minimal clean up of just ashes afterward. It''s easy to use--you just set it, it locks and you wait till it unlocks and you wipe up the ash on the bottom. You take the racks out first of course.

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
So fume-free isn''t fume free lol....gotcha. Dh will do the work regardless ;-)

I will look for the self cleaning option...but very weird that I can''t just wash it myself even if its self clean ?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You could probably use oven cleaners on a self-clean oven, as long as you don''t USE the self-clean mode. Self clean heats up the oven VERY hot, so that everything inside turns to carbon. If you have chemicals in there, high heat will make them volatile, break them down, etc. that might not be good for people.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You could probably use oven cleaners on a self-clean oven, as long as you don''t USE the self-clean mode. Self clean heats up the oven VERY hot, so that everything inside carbonizes and then turns to ash. If you have chemicals in there, high heat will make them volatile, break them down, etc. that might not be good for people.

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks julie...gocha..so I will try the self clean mode and if that doesn''t work then the easy off by itself.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I use the Easy Off more than the self clean mode because of how darn hot it gets. Also, my oven got marks on the top of the door from where the smoke would come out.

And, I believe all ovens'' doors are removable. It makes it much easier to clean if you just take off the door. (usually you just open to about 45 degrees and pull up on the door and it''ll slide off)

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Step 1 - open yellowpages

Step 2 - ring oven cleaning lady

Step 3 - enjoy glass of wine while watching said oven cleaning lady clean my oven

Step 4 - enjoy clean oven

Repeat process as necessary

HTH
11.gif
9.gif

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
LOL honey!- I didn''t even know there was such a thing!...how much does this all cost???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results