shape
carat
color
clarity

help out a newbie! Wedding band for East West Marquise ER

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've seen some absolutely gorgeous East West Marquise and Oval rings here on PS. absolutely drool worthy. But i'd love to see these ERings with their respective WB!

My hubby, for our 15th anniversary secretly had a ring custom made, based off a lovely Kwiat East West E/W ring that i ADORE. (Still can only dream about the 2ct diamond in Kwiat setting. lol!) Anyway, i still have my original ring and there are 10 small round diamonds (i have no idea about the size) that i'd like to use for a wedding band. But i am completely torn on the style. i'm not into the matchy matchy look. ANY ideas are welcome, along with pics of East West settings with the WB. i am leaning to something custom when i decide what i want.

Here is my new ring (i'm sorry, these are not the greatest pics)
.90 ct Marquise Brilliant
H color
SI1

i'm drawn to this type of WB but i do wonder if it would take away from the ER. i know, i really need to try a bunch on.
http://www.orospot.com/images/produ...ds 14k White Gold 2mm Wide Wedding Band 1.jpg

img_61602222.jpg

img_63652222.jpg

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: help out a newbie! Wedding band for East West Marquise E

Love your ring. That EW Kwiat marquise is one of my all time favorite rings ever. :love: :love: :love:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Your new ring is gorgeous, and so unique. Congrats to your hubby for doing such a good job!

I think you have lots of options for bands with that style. The marquise-style ring should look good, but others will too....

Go! Try! Let us know what you decide!

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

derbygal|1443476211|3932902 said:
Love your ring. That EW Kwiat marquise is one of my all time favorite rings ever. :love: :love: :love:

thanks derbygal! i adore how it came out and he chose the perfect diamond, it is so full of sparkle. He showed me pics of the other diamonds he had looked at but this one definitely is the one i would have chosen myself. he done GOOD! :bigsmile:

The EW Kwiat and the Fay Cullen EW marquise are my absolute favorite settings. He had actually stalked my pinterest page (YAY Pinterest!) and i had both pinned so he chose from those two settings. He's more of a classic guy so the Kwiat really spoke to him.

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

VRBeauty|1443477193|3932903 said:
Your new ring is gorgeous, and so unique. Congrats to your hubby for doing such a good job!

I think you have lots of options for bands with that style. The marquise-style ring should look good, but others will too....

Go! Try! Let us know what you decide!

Thank you VRBeauty! He really did great for not knowing a THING about jewelry or diamonds. The jeweler he went to is local and they're supposed to be the best around here for custom work.

i am AGONIZING over this WB! maybe too much. lol! The diamonds are not as good of color and i worry that it will look odd and wonder if i need a spacer.... i guess i need to chill about it and just go try some on!

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Thank you, tyty! i was thinking something cheap until i can have one made but your search was much more productive than mine! lol!
I'm going to order this one for now and hope a size 6 works. i wear a 5.5 so hopefully it won't be too awkward. worst case, i can wear it as a RH ring.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/246506...7ef3db5248369740ba6e2da30e57b12cafa:246506355

i love the matching band but i really think i don't want the matchy matchy. though down the road it may be a good option to be able to change things up so i haven't fully discounted it.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thats a good one to start with! It will help you figure out what direction to go with depending on whether you like it with your
setting or not. Post a picture when you get it so we can see how it looks.

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

i absolutely will post pics when i get it in! I think i'm going to head to my jeweler tomorrow too and try on some of their bands they have in stock. :mrgreen:

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I thought i'd revive my original post, tried a few cheapy rings with my new ER and while i liked them, didn't love them. I even ordered a petite pave ring but i just felt it was too thin with my ring. the hubs agreed so back it went. Then a few weeks ago, i walked in a jewelry store to try some bands on (on a whim) and i came across a lovely double band and had to have it. I like how it plays off the split shank look but doesn't really take away from the look of my ER. NO ONE in real lift understands my obsession so i am posting here :bigsmile: iphone pics so not the greatest!

and just for fun, i caught this fire picture a few weeks ago in the car.

withband22.jpg

_35435.jpg

sidewithbandd.jpg

firey.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results