shape
carat
color
clarity

Help - opinion on diamond specs for purchase

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

johnowd

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone. I''m hoping for some help on a diamond purchase. I am looking to purchase a diamond for my wife (upgrading her diamond). I found the following diamond which rates well (VG-VG-VG-EX 1.7) in the pricescope holloway cut advisor but does not have the traditional ideal cut ranges.

My goal is to buy a beautiful, quality diamond that really sparkles at a great price.

Here are the specs:

Just shy of one carat
GIA certified
Shape: Round
Color: F
Clarity SI-1
Depth: 59.6
Table: 58.3 (this is not in the tradition "ideal" range)
Crown angle: 34.7
Pavilion angle: 40.9
Culet: .6
Girdle: thin to med
Polish: EX
Symmetry: EX
Measurements: 6.45x6.51x3.86
Fluorescence: none

I would sincerely appreciate a professional opinion if this diamond sounds like a good buy in the low $4k range. My concern is the cut...it rates well using the cut advisor but the table and depth figures seem to be outside the ideal range. Is it still possible to have a great cut diamond with these specs? Please advise.

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

John

johnowd

Rough_Rock
I should add one more thing. The following is noted in the comments area of the GIA cert: clouds not shown

Also, I neglected the girdle measurement which is 1.2.

I'm really hoping someone can give me some good feedback on this diamond.

Thanks!

- John

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Johnowd, welcome to the forum.

58.3% table is just outside AGS0 cut range and you wouldn't see any difference in the diamond appearance because of 1% table size.

All the numbers look very nice and the price is very reasonable.

For more exact analysis you may want to consult independent appraiser.

1.gif

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
the stone is just fine ,if I was to put this stone next to an AGS 0 is concerned ,you probably will not be able to see a difference!! except for the price!!

just do yourself a afvor shop and compare before you make your decision, and get the best diamond for the $$$$

good luck
1.gif

johnowd

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the response! It is appreciated! I have been doing a bit of online shopping and this is one that fell within my budget and my specs...just wasn't sure if the cut was good enough. I am looking for an ideal cut...or one that is equivalent. the bottom line is that I am looking for a diamond that looks beautiful that my wife will be proud of.

Thanks again,

John

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results