shape
carat
color
clarity

Help on these 2 princess diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Guinness08

Rough_Rock
Hi:

I had a question that I hope someone can direct me in right direction about princess diamonds. I was wondering between these 2 diamonds that there would be a big difference in the size in visual appearance in the ring. Also do princess diamonds tend to be smaller that round for same weight?

1.46 princess 1.60 princess
measurements: 6.34x6.17X448mm measurments: 6.75x6.48x4.66mm
table: 65% table: 73%
depth: 72.6% depth: 71.9%
EX polish very good polish
EX symmetry very good symmetry
very good cut very good cut

Is there a big visual difference in the size of these two based off of numbers?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/14/2009 8:54:15 AM
Author:Guinness08
Hi:

I had a question that I hope someone can direct me in right direction about princess diamonds. I was wondering between these 2 diamonds that there would be a big difference in the size in visual appearance in the ring. Also do princess diamonds tend to be smaller that round for same weight?

1.46 princess 1.60 princess
measurements: 6.34x6.17X448mm measurments: 6.75x6.48x4.66mm
table: 65% table: 73%
depth: 72.6% depth: 71.9%
EX polish very good polish
EX symmetry very good symmetry
very good cut very good cut

Is there a big visual difference in the size of these two based off of numbers?
There would be a difference with direct comparison. Princess can face up a bit smaller for the weight than rounds but it is always best to compare actual diamonds. Have you seen either of these in person or are they with an online vendor? If online, can you ask for detailed photos of the diamonds and an ASET image please? The Very Good cut description doesn't always mean much especially if vendor applied, so no guarantee of a certain cut quality.

This page explains about ASET and its usage.

http://www.highperformancediamonds.com/index.php?page=education-performance

I take it both diamonds are GIA graded?

Guinness08

Rough_Rock
These are both GIA and online vendor doesn''t have pics or asset images.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/14/2009 9:03:38 AM
Author: Guinness08
These are both GIA and online vendor doesn''t have pics or asset images.
Thats a shame as without photos or an ASET image all we have is a chalk outline of the diamonds - there is so much info missing in order to judge the cut quality. Would it be possible to ask the vendor for the above images?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/14/2009 9:08:43 AM
Author: Guinness08
blue nile
Ok I did wonder, in that case then pics and ASET won''t be forthcoming. It is really buying blind without these images so the only thing you can do is to either take a chance on one of them and hope you like what you see when you open the box, or have a look at some of the vendors who have in house diamonds with all the info provided.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results