shape
carat
color
clarity

Help on the age of this setting

petit singe

Rough_Rock
Any guesses? all I know is it's in 9ct yellow gold. Many thanks!

Ring3.png

Ring4.png

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
I am afraid that I am not much help as far as the age of the setting. I just wanted to drop in and say that the setting is GORGEOUS!

petit singe

Rough_Rock
Thanks armywife13! ::)

petit singe

Rough_Rock
After digging out my loupe, I was able to tell a bit more on this ring.

It's actually a 14ct gold as 585 is stamped on. The hallmark also includes 'G Ltd' in two separate squares. The only possibility I found through google was Gieves Ltd of London. This hallmark has been seen from 1928 to 1941. Their store is located at Old Bond Street, London. So this could be a 1940ish ring then imho. :appl:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its a very interesting setting - solid to hold the stone in place, but I really like the delicate details and scrolling. Very pretty! Are you keeping it as is or do you have plans to change anything? Do you know anything about the ring before it was yours? (ie - did you inherit it from a family member?) Just curious!

petit singe

Rough_Rock
Thanks Enerchi!

I bought this ring off ebay more than a year ago. I was just browsing randomly through ebay one day and came across this ring 5 min before its listing ended. I was instantly attracted by its delicate details and scrolling and I decided to place a bid. Well lucky me, I won it by a tiny amount in the end and i am very happy with it. The seller did not know much about the ring, and I wasn't aware of pricescope or knew much about hallmarks back then, so all I did was giving the ring a thorough bath (lots of dirt trapped under the scrolling) and occasionally wearing it as a RHR. I do get compliments whenever I wear it though, and ppl would ask whether I got it from my mum or grandma as they assume it's a vintage item.

I don't think I will do anything to the setting as I think it's quite pretty as it is. Although, the centre stone is actually a CZ, so I am planning to put in a sapphire stone in the near future as a small project. :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results