shape
carat
color
clarity

Help on Style name of a Melissa Sweet Dress on Bride.com.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,

I am looking for the style name and more pictures of this Melissa Sweet Dress that I found on Brides.com. I''ve gone through the PoB website and Style Fern looks like it but I''m not sure.

Appreciate your help to identify the style name of this dress! Would be great if there are more pictures of this dress too!

I know I need to pick up speed on my wedding planning since it''s about 5 months away but I''ve no luck with any dresses!!! I think MS may be out of my budget and am looking for a similar top to the below pic (or like MS Dora or Sydney)and a A-line bottom since I have great child-bearing hips!
19.gif
Any suggestions??

Many thanks in advance!!

Melissa Sweet on Brides url.jpg

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
5 Months? You''d better get a movin! You''ll wind up getting hit with a rush charge, and there''s a good possibility they won''t get the gown in on time. I don''t know how it is now, but when I worked in bridal houses we told our brides they had to order some manufactures a minimum of 9 months in advance!

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for your response!

32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
I really do need to haul myself out to try out gowns as I''ve only been to two places. Too many things had happened.. from moving in with FI and was overseas for the last 3 months certainly didn''t help. All we had done was the reception dinner and photographer. We are meeting florists this weekend and hopefully will get that nailed. We also need to work on our invitation cards as well.

I just can''t wrap my head around all these wedding stuff!! I know I need to get my wedding dress ASAP. I''ve two appointments this weekend. Hope I''ll get to find something I like.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
If you go on theknot.com you can search by sweetheart top and a-line bottom. They have only new styles on their site so you should be able to find something. HTH!

tropiqalkiwi

Shiny_Rock
I looked and could not find the dress on the melissa sweet website either, maybe its an old one?

Mostly I wanted to give you a bit of encouragement, 5 months is pushing it, but things have a way of falling into place. The last thing you should be is stressed while trying on dresses, just let it be fun. Enjoy playing dress up for awhile and make sure to really assess what looks good on your shape, which fabrics you like, and which details don''t do anything for you.

I would try on as many dresses as soon as possible, maybe you will even find a sample that works for you!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s Fern, I am about 99% sure. But you do need to get on it ASAP, as it is there will be a rush charge. You might want to consider shopping for a sample that can be altered if you are close to sample sizes.

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/22/2009 6:51:38 PM
Author: sunnyd
If you go on theknot.com you can search by sweetheart top and a-line bottom. They have only new styles on their site so you should be able to find something. HTH!

Ahhh.. theknot!! I kind of forgot about that site! Thanks! I will definitely head over there to check it out!

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/22/2009 7:16:39 PM
Author: tropiqalkiwi
I looked and could not find the dress on the melissa sweet website either, maybe its an old one?

Mostly I wanted to give you a bit of encouragement, 5 months is pushing it, but things have a way of falling into place. The last thing you should be is stressed while trying on dresses, just let it be fun. Enjoy playing dress up for awhile and make sure to really assess what looks good on your shape, which fabrics you like, and which details don''t do anything for you.

I would try on as many dresses as soon as possible, maybe you will even find a sample that works for you!

Thanks for your encouragement! Playing dress up is new to me since I hardly do it ever. I tripped several times while trying on wedding dresses and my friends had a blast at the bridal salon. They were laughing hard as it seemed so strange on me since I had been in skirts probably 5 times or less in last 5 yrs. I do hope that things will fall in place. Thanks again.

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/22/2009 7:24:17 PM
Author: neatfreak
It''s Fern, I am about 99% sure. But you do need to get on it ASAP, as it is there will be a rush charge. You might want to consider shopping for a sample that can be altered if you are close to sample sizes.

Thanks! I thought it''s Fern too. I do not mind a sample and has noted down the sample sales date around my area. Thanks for the suggestion!

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/22/2009 7:51:46 PM
Author: GoodSoul

Date: 1/22/2009 7:24:17 PM

Thanks! I thought it''s Fern too. I do not mind a sample and has noted down the sample sales date around my area. Thanks for the suggestion!
I don''t mean to be a debbie-downer, but I actually don''t think it''s the MS Fern. The lacey bit at the top of your picture looks different than the one on the website. That said, I do recognize that in the picture you''ve posted the lace seems to lie flat against the model''s chest whereas it seems to fold over on the website. Also, the middle section of the bust area looks different to me. Maybe it''s just the different angles and lighting? I could be totally wrong though.

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/22/2009 8:58:13 PM
Author: pocahontas

I don''t mean to be a debbie-downer, but I actually don''t think it''s the MS Fern. The lacey bit at the top of your picture looks different than the one on the website. That said, I do recognize that in the picture you''ve posted the lace seems to lie flat against the model''s chest whereas it seems to fold over on the website. Also, the middle section of the bust area looks different to me. Maybe it''s just the different angles and lighting? I could be totally wrong though.
I have to agree. The MS Fern is my absolute dream gown so I would recognize it in a heartbeat. The Fern is alencon lace and the pic you posted doesn''t look like lace. And like pocahontas said, it''s sort of drapey (if that''s a word?) along the sweetheart neckline. I adore MS dresses and I don''t think I''ve seen the one you posted before...

Just in case, here''s the MS Fern:

MSFERN.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2009 9:32:13 PM
Author: sammyj
Date: 1/22/2009 8:58:13 PM

I don't mean to be a debbie-downer, but I actually don't think it's the MS Fern. The lacey bit at the top of your picture looks different than the one on the website. That said, I do recognize that in the picture you've posted the lace seems to lie flat against the model's chest whereas it seems to fold over on the website. Also, the middle section of the bust area looks different to me. Maybe it's just the different angles and lighting? I could be totally wrong though.

I have to agree. The MS Fern is my absolute dream gown so I would recognize it in a heartbeat. The Fern is alencon lace and the pic you posted doesn't look like lace. And like pocahontas said, it's sort of drapey (if that's a word?) along the sweetheart neckline. I adore MS dresses and I don't think I've seen the one you posted before...

Just in case, here's the MS Fern:

I still think it's the fern, just the "stuff" at the top is positioned differently. And the lighting isn't great on this picture the OP posted which is why the lace looks different. Then again the pleating at the bust looks a bit different...maybe it isn't...hmmmmmm

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/22/2009 9:48:02 PM

I still think it''s the fern, just the ''stuff'' at the top is positioned differently. And the lighting isn''t great on this picture the OP posted which is why the lace looks different. Then again the pleating at the bust looks a bit different...maybe it isn''t...hmmmmmm
Quite possibly...I''m no expert by any means! I didn''t even think about how the lighting would change the look of the fabric. I went back to search for happy in love''s wedding thread because she wore the Fern and looked stunning (as did her wedding) so we could get close up shots of the dress (especially the bust). Here''s one pic I found:
IMG_6817.jpg

If the pic didn''t work, here''s the whole thread.

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/23/2009 8:37:36 AM
Quite possibly...I''m no expert by any means! I didn''t even think about how the lighting would change the look of the fabric. I went back to search for happy in love''s wedding thread because she wore the Fern and looked stunning (as did her wedding) so we could get close up shots of the dress (especially the bust). Here''s one pic I found:
IMG_6817.jpg

If the pic didn''t work, here''s the whole thread.
Great memory, Sammyj. Yeah, I''m no expert either, but Happy in Love''s thread has me even more convinced the dresses are two different styles.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I don''t know what size you wear, but there''s a good chance that if you wear between an 8 and a 12, you can actually purchase the sample from whatever bridal shop you find the gown at...and get a discount on it!

Barcelona

Shiny_Rock
Finally decided to register after reading for a couple months, since I figured I actually have something helpful to contribute. These websites sell dress that are either samples, worn once, or sometimes even brand new but all are ready to ship. Hate to add any pressure, but my gown took 9 months to receive!

http://www.preownedweddingdresses.com/
http://www.oncewed.com/
http://www.bridepower.com/
http://bridecouture.com/

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
pocahontas: Thanks for chiming in. It''s alright if it''s not Fern. Fern looks great still. That dress from Brides.com may be a really old one since none of us can identify it.

SammyJ: Thanks for posting the Happy In Love''s thread! She looks beautiful in the Fern Dress!! Funny that I didn''t recognize it as I saw her photos from the photographer site (the one recommended by Neatfreak here). The fern dress is indeed very gorgeous! I hope to try it out next week but not sure if I can afford it. DO you know the price tag of it?

Winks_Elf: I am size 4-6 for tops but 6-8 for bottoms and I''ve tried on some samples and they can fit (with some alternations). That''s probably my last resort if I can''t find anything that can come in in time. Thanks.

Barcelona: You totally helped! Thanks for the sites! I totally forgot about the Oncewed website. There are so many gorgeous pictures and ideas there!! I''ve been eyeing on one of the preownedweddingdresses.com dress and hopefully I get to try out this weekend at one of the bridal shope to see if it works on me.

Thanks to all your help and comments!!

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/23/2009 6:29:28 PM
pocahontas: Thanks for chiming in. It''s alright if it''s not Fern. Fern looks great still. That dress from Brides.com may be a really old one since none of us can identify it.

SammyJ: Thanks for posting the Happy In Love''s thread! She looks beautiful in the Fern Dress!! Funny that I didn''t recognize it as I saw her photos from the photographer site (the one recommended by Neatfreak here). The fern dress is indeed very gorgeous! I hope to try it out next week but not sure if I can afford it. DO you know the price tag of it?

Winks_Elf: I am size 4-6 for tops but 6-8 for bottoms and I''ve tried on some samples and they can fit (with some alternations). That''s probably my last resort if I can''t find anything that can come in in time. Thanks.

Barcelona: You totally helped! Thanks for the sites! I totally forgot about the Oncewed website. There are so many gorgeous pictures and ideas there!! I''ve been eyeing on one of the preownedweddingdresses.com dress and hopefully I get to try out this weekend at one of the bridal shope to see if it works on me.

Thanks to all your help and comments!!
hmmm...according to the Priscilla of Boston website, it''s in the $3000-$5000 range. Ouch! When I googled MS Fern, I came across another one of happy in love''s threads where she said she got the dress as a sample for 50% off!

Strangely enough, I came across an ad in craigslist of someone selling the Fern dress....I was tempted to email her but I''m not even engaged yet!
20.gif

Good luck with your dress hunt!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
I was drooling over the new Melissa Sweet and PoB gowns and then I saw an old one that looks like the dress you were looking for. I don''t know the name of the style, but it is from Fall 2006.

fall06melissasweet2.JPG

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
and a closeup of the bust detail, which distinguishes it from Fern. The ruching on the bust is different.

fall06melissasweet.JPG

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
now, all that said, how gorgeous are those spring 09 gowns?!!!! must ask DH if we can get married again. and again. and again. just so I can wear the latest gowns...

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
It''s called "Colette." If you go to the Melissa Sweet website, click on Meet the Designers, then go to Press, then Melissa Sweet, it is picture number 43 of 53.

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/23/2009 11:13:37 PM
Author: CrownJewel
It''s called ''Colette.'' If you go to the Melissa Sweet website, click on Meet the Designers, then go to Press, then Melissa Sweet, it is picture number 43 of 53.
OMG CJ, you totally ROCK
36.gif
That''s it! Yah for your private investigating skills! Goodsoul''s going to be so happy you''ve found the style for her!

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/23/2009 11:34:33 PM

OMG CJ, you totally ROCK
36.gif
That''s it! Yah for your private investigating skills! Goodsoul''s going to be so happy you''ve found the style for her!
Ditto CJ!!!...you''re amazing!!! I don''t know how you found it but when I have something I need to look for, you''re the one I want on the hunt!!!
3.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/23/2009 11:34:33 PM
Date: 1/23/2009 11:13:37 PM

It's called 'Colette.' If you go to the Melissa Sweet website, click on Meet the Designers, then go to Press, then Melissa Sweet, it is picture number 43 of 53.

OMG CJ, you totally ROCK
36.gif
That's it! Yah for your private investigating skills! Goodsoul's going to be so happy you've found the style for her!

That's awesome! I hope it was made and you can purchase it. That screen shot says it's a runway dress and thus might not be available for purchase...which unfortunately is my guess since there are no posts of real brides wearing it, dresses for sale, etc. if you google Melissa Sweet Collette...

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/23/2009 9:42:25 PM
I was drooling over the new Melissa Sweet and PoB gowns and then I saw an old one that looks like the dress you were looking for. I don''t know the name of the style, but it is from Fall 2006.

Holysmokes!!! Thanks a million CrownJewel! Thanks for the effort and time spent. You are awesome! Really appreciate it. I will probably call a couple of the MS shops and try my luck.

I totally drool over the 09 gowns too!! LEIGHTON & OLAN are my favs although I like SAFFRON and MADDIE too!

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/23/2009 7:29:32 PM
Date: 1/23/2009 6:29:28 PM

hmmm...according to the Priscilla of Boston website, it''s in the $3000-$5000 range. Ouch! When I googled MS Fern, I came across another one of happy in love''s threads where she said she got the dress as a sample for 50% off!

Strangely enough, I came across an ad in craigslist of someone selling the Fern dress....I was tempted to email her but I''m not even engaged yet!
20.gif

Good luck with your dress hunt!

Hi Sammyj,

Thanks for the info. I saw a Toronto Craigslist posting. Is this that you are refering to? Do you mind if I contact the seller for it? To be honest, I''m undecided yet. Thanks.

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
Neatfreak,
You are right. Can''t find anything online....
8.gif
I will still call a few shops around to be sure but will probably go in to try out Fern and start breaking all my piggy banks to see if I can even afford one :p. Thanks!

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/26/2009 12:03:17 AM

Date: 1/23/2009 7:29:32 PM

Hi Sammyj,

Thanks for the info. I saw a Toronto Craigslist posting. Is this that you are refering to? Do you mind if I contact the seller for it? To be honest, I''m undecided yet. Thanks.
GO AHEAD!!!! I''m not even engaged yet and we don''t plan on getting married until Summer 2010...I do not have dibs on that dress!!
3.gif

I think it was posted in early December so hopefully it''s still available! Good luck!!!! You MUST post pics if you get it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results