shape
carat
color
clarity

Help on purchasing ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jade

Rough_Rock
Hi:I have two questions:1). I am still debating about purchasing a white gold band or a plantium. I know the differences between both and white gold is more affordable. But is white gold just as good as a 14K gold? One jeweler said white gold is more durable than a 14K and another jeweler said that white gold can easily lose its color and shine.2). Do you think this diamond is a good price for a GIA, color F for $1,700.
Shape: Round Brilliant
Measurements: 5.24x5.27x 3.15 mmm
Weight: 0.52 carat
Depth: 59.9%
Table: 62%
Girdle: Medium
Culet:none
Clarity: SI 1As always, I appreciate all your valuable comments.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Jade,Have you seen the stone or these figures are all you have? If you've seen it, do you like it?

Jade

Rough_Rock
Yes, I've seen the stone and it is very beautiful. The jeweler gave me a copy of the GIA certificate to look over.
[FONT=Verdana,]quote:[/FONT]
Originally posted by leonid:
Jade,Have you seen the stone or these figures are all you have? If you've seen it, do you like it?

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
When white gold is new, it should have a rodium plating on it to make it look its best. Rodium plating (platinum plating) will wear off in 6 months to a year (depending on wear), and then the white gold takes on a slight yellow tint. Remember that gold is yellow, and it is alloyed to make it appear white (white gold). White gold is harder and wears better than yellow gold, but white is more brittle (tends to break not bend). Platinum however is the best, it wears very well, doesn't tend to break, and stays white in color since it is a white metal by mother nature.Now you decide, but in my opinion, go for the platinum if you want white. A few dollars more now will not matter in a couple months.Best of luck!------------------

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Then I'm happy with the price
smile.gif
I hope the experts will check in and answer your first question.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results