shape
carat
color
clarity

Help on purchasing loose diamonds!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jade

Rough_Rock
I went to a jeweler who was selling me a .44 caret round diamond with a VS2 in clarity and G color for $1,038. The jeweler said they do not have GIA or EGL certificates since it's less than a .50 caret. He also gave me a measurement of 5.03 x 2.8 of the diamond.Is this a good deal? Please advise. Also, can anyone recommend a good and reliable jeweler in the MD arear?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Jade,Without certificate it is impossible to tell whether the price is fair. Firstly because if real color and clarity grades are different, price will vary dramatically. Secondly there is no info on cut for your stone. The cut affects not only the price but a beauty as well.Grading reports costs more but worth it. You can ask your jeweler to send the diamond to GIA and pay for it only if the stone will match the report.Here are a few examples from Pricescope.com database for the grades you gave us:0.44 G VS2 61.9% 55% GIA $1040 (Mondera.com)

0.453 G VS2 61% 55% AGS $1205 - AGS-ideal Branded Hearts and Arrows (Whiteflash.com)Good luck in your search.Leonid

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results