shape
carat
color
clarity

Help on my diamond Ring

akshayk

Rough_Rock
Good Afternoon Everyone,

I hope everyone is keeping safe and is well. I have just taken delivery of my Diamond ring which is actually for myself (Mens Engagement Ring). I just wanted to see if anyone could let me know if the stone is actually any good or not. If not I can take it back, Please let me know your thoughts I really would appreciate it. Is this a super ideal cut diamond? I tried to look if I could see the arrow shape on the crown but couldn't see any black arrows. I saw a post on here about a toilet roll acting as a scope I did this and then saw the silvery arrows. The jeweller I brought from didn't have any aset scope / Ideal Scope or H&A scopes to hand so couldn't see any of this :(

My Stone: (Please note it scored 0.6 in the HCA tool)

Shape: Brilliant Round.
Stone Weight 0.6ct.
Dimension: 5.43mm x 5.45mm x 3.33mm.
Colour: D
Clarity: VVS2
Polish / Symmetry / Cut = XXX (GIA certified)
Characteristic: Pinpoint
Fluorescence = None.

Diamond Depth: 61.1%
Table size 55%
Crown Angle 34
Pavilion Angle 40.6
Girdle: (Medium faceted) 3.5%

Sorry for the poor quality pictures :(
20g PT950 Platinum Ring. D1.jpg D2.jpg D3.jpg D5.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, it is not a Super Ideal cut. Is it a dude...No. I can sort of see the blackish arrows in your images. It has a low-crown, low pavilion.
You usually want a 41 crown with a 34 pavilion. I'm not saying its a bad stone. Just saying its not a Super Ideal cut. Live with it a
while and see if it provides you the sparkle/fire/brilliance you are looking for.

This table might help. Its still in the development stage though. Still a good guide.
snip1.png

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
The CA and PA pairing fall into complementing ranges and should work together, based on many criteria that sellers of super ideal cut diamonds define for themselves.

Here are the Whiteflash ACA guidelines (compared to the bigger ranges of GIA EX):

GIA and WF ACA Specs.png

Here are the new GCAL 8X guidelines:

GCAL 8X Specs.png

Now for the million dollar question: Do you like the way your diamond looks and performs?

akshayk

Rough_Rock
Hi!

Thanks for reponding. To me the ring does look okay but i dont know too much about rings. I have uploaded 3 short vids of better quality to show you the rock. hopefully you can tell me a bit more based on them how good the rock looks? :)

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hi!

Thanks for reponding. To me the ring does look okay but i dont know too much about rings. I have uploaded 3 short vids of better quality to show you the rock. hopefully you can tell me a bit more based on them how good the rock looks? :)

When you say that it looks "okay" to you, do you mean you're perfectly happy with it, or just "okay" as in you feel that it's not entirely what you are desiring? I am *not* trying to cast any doubts in your head (I think it looks terrific and full of brilliance based on your pictures and videos)...I am just trying to find out if there are any doubts already there, because the way your diamond looks and performs should absolutely be up to your own standards and expectations.

Last edited:

akshayk

Rough_Rock
Hi, I’m saying that to me it does look good but does not quite sparkle as much as I thought it might when outside in the sun but maybe that’s suppose to be that way.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hi, I’m saying that to me it does look good but does not quite sparkle as much as I thought it might when outside in the sun but maybe that’s suppose to be that way.

That may be a result of a couple of things. The first you have control over, the second one you don't:

1. regularly clean the diamond top to bottom with warm water with a gentle dish soap and non-abrasive soft bristle brush (like a toothbrush for infants), then rinse in warmish water and dry with a soft lint-free cloth. There's no such thing as too much gentle cleaning!

2. The 40.6° PA paired with a 34° CA will likely result in leaning brilliant at the sacrifice of some fire...an extreme remedy is to change to a diamond that has a 35-35.5° CA to pair with such a PA.

akshayk

Rough_Rock
Okay will try cleaning it. It does look good though still despite the slight lack of fire so will probably keep it. But glad it looks good to you as you guys have more diamond knowledge then me. I just wanted to make sure it looked good for a diamond haha if that makes sense.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results