shape
carat
color
clarity

help on measurements

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

schaegy

Rough_Rock
Need help on a diamond I'm about to purchase. Tell me if this is worth getting or should I look further.

shape/cut - Round Brilliant cut
measurements - 6.4-6.43x4.06mm
weight - 1.03Ct
Color - G
Clarity - VS(1)
Polish/Symmetry - V. Good/V. Good
Table - 58

That's all I have. With just these measurements to go off of would you consider getting this diamond? Thanks for your help!!

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
seems like it's going to be cut deep - it should measure 6.5 mms at 1ct...

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with alexah, though I've seen deeper. The table is also slightly larger than I'd like -I'd keep it between 53-57%.

schaegy

Rough_Rock
Thanks! I talked to the guy at the jewelers and he said he had another diamond there that I could take a look at. He gave me all the measurements so tell me what you think. I'm new at all this so advice from the more experienced is greatly welcomed.

weight - 1.00
color - G
clarity - SI(1)
Crown - 35.3
Table - 55
Depth - 61.9
Pav - 43.1%

Thanks again for helping me out. It's nice to see people out there who know about these things giving pointers to those who haven't a clue like me!!
21.gif

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
This new one has more promise
1.gif
I'm really glad you get to see it - that way you can see (hear?)
2.gif
if it "speaks" to you? also, you can check from all angles to see if it's eye-clean...

schaegy

Rough_Rock
That's exactly what the guy said...well not in so many words but he mentioned that what really matters is what's appeasing to the eyes. He wants to compare both diamonds side by side so that I can see which one appeals more to me. He also mentioned that the clarity shouldn't make too much of a difference because you can't see the inclusions with the naked eye and although it might affect the way the light distributes through the diamond, it's only a small factor.

JC

Shiny_Rock
2nd option looks great. I definitely feel that this diamond has the edge over the first choice that you had listed. Good luck....

2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results