shape
carat
color
clarity

Help on Diamond Selecting for Engagement Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

carywilliam7

Rough_Rock
Just starting out on the search for the diamond for an engagement ring. Could I get an opinion on this diamond that I looked at yesterday at a local jeweler? To the naked eye and under a 10x loupe it was the most attractive of the several diamonds I looked at:
Round Cut, 1.04ct, SI2, C-2 cut. Price was $4,875.00. Is this a fair price for this diamond? I can see from the first visit that weighing the 4 Cs against each other is quite an adventure. I was originally going to surprise my to-be fiancee with the diamond but now think some pre-proposal shopping would be best. All of your comments will be most appreciated.

phi368

Rough_Rock
Personally, I think you can probably do better on the price. Also, I would ask for a Sarin analysis so you can know all the angles. I wouldn't just accept that it's a "C-2" cut.

BigLou

Rough_Rock
You left out the color of the stone. Color and Cut would be my first conerns. The 1.04C may be very nice...but a smaller stone with a better cut and color will be more brilliant and could look as large as the 1C. If you are definitely size oriented then I think for that stone you could probably do better on the price. Since I don't know the color it's hard to tell. Also the pre-proposal shopping hels for the setting more than anything else. Find out what style cut she likes (pear, oval, marquise, round, etc.) and then the setting style. Good Luck

carywilliam7

Rough_Rock
Thanks all this helps a lot.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results