shape
carat
color
clarity

Help on decision btw. HOF "Dream" and GOG Square H&A

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RL

Rough_Rock
I am in the market for a square hearts & arrows diamond. I recently found out that the Jubilee has been discontinued that leaves me to decide between the Hearts on Fire "Dream" which I saw and did absolutely love. Howerver, it comes with a brand name price tag
(H/ VVS1 /1.26 ct. - $17,900).

I spoke to the guys at GOG, and although the Jubille is no longer available, they have whats called a Square H & A. I have not yet seenone in person, but according to the inventory list a close comparison is (D/VVS2/1.22 ct. - $15,433).

I really need to see this square H&A in person to make my decision, but does anyone have any advice opinions or suggestions that could help me make a successful purchase. I would greatly appreciate it.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ask GOG to make you a video. I think they do that so hopefully that would help

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2007 12:00:58 PM
Author: Skippy123
Ask GOG to make you a video. I think they do that so hopefully that would help
Absolutely!

bosoxbw

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/5/2007 11:52:41 AM
Author:RL
I am in the market for a square hearts & arrows diamond. I recently found out that the Jubilee has been discontinued that leaves me to decide between the Hearts on Fire 'Dream' which I saw and did absolutely love. Howerver, it comes with a brand name price tag

I spoke to the guys at GOG, and although the Jubille is no longer available, they have whats called a Square H & A. I have not yet seenone in person, but according to the inventory list a close comparison is (D/VVS2/1.22 ct. - $15,433).

I really need to see this square H&A in person to make my decision, but does anyone have any advice opinions or suggestions that could help me make a successful purchase. I would greatly appreciate it.

I'm actually a little surprised; the brand name premium on the Dream does not seem to be that bad...

I think the Square H&As are very nice, but I think you need to actually see them in person. Start with a video, see if you like it, and then see if GOG will send it out to an independent appraiser near you for a pre-purchase inspection.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2007 1:28:16 PM
Author: bosoxbw

Date: 3/5/2007 11:52:41 AM
Author:RL
I am in the market for a square hearts & arrows diamond. I recently found out that the Jubilee has been discontinued that leaves me to decide between the Hearts on Fire ''Dream'' which I saw and did absolutely love. Howerver, it comes with a brand name price tag

I''m actually a little surprised; the brand name premium on the Dream does not seem to be that bad...

I think the Square H&As are very nice, but I think you need to actually see them in person. Start with a video, see if you like it, and then see if GOG will send it out to an independent appraiser near you for a pre-purchase inspection.
Well, that price isn''t truly representitive, as the Dream is an H. Take it up say, a thousand per color grade, and then you''re looking at about 22,000.00 vs. 15,500.00 for the same specs.

RL

Rough_Rock
O.K. Ellen even if you add $4,000 for 4 color grades, what about the higher clarity and carat weight, how should those factors be considered.

Also, I will be in New York this weekend, so I am planning to go to GOG in person to see for myself.

Thanks for the advice.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have fun at GOG this weekend. Let us know how you like the Square H&A. I like it myself but have never seen one in person.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2007 6:16:24 PM
Author: RL
O.K. Ellen even if you add $4,000 for 4 color grades, what about the higher clarity and carat weight, how should those factors be considered.

Also, I will be in New York this weekend, so I am planning to go to GOG in person to see for myself.

Thanks for the advice.
I actually missed the clarity difference, was thinking they were the same. It would easily be a grand for each clarity grade as well. The ct. size doesn''t factor.

That''s great that you''ll get to go there and see for yourself! Let us know how it goes, and what you decide.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d never consider paying the HOF mark-up since you can get the same thing (or in this case BETTER!) for less. It''s not like diamonds have a brand label showing!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results