shape
carat
color
clarity

help on a special purchase

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rookie

Rough_Rock
Hi, first post, so here goes! I am looking at a 3 carat, VVS2, H and A for a 25th Annv''y. Really special event. It looks pretty good: depth 60.7, table 55.3, culet .5,1.2% girdle. My concern is that the crown is 34.1 degrees (a little shallow). The pavilion is 40.7 degrees. HCA of .7 looks great (thanks Garry, it''s a wonderful tool for those of us in the masses of the uninitiated). Am I overly concerned about the crown angle? At this price ($45K) I want to make sure I don''t make a mistake. Also, will a Brilliance scope correlate to the HCA scores in terms of brilliance, fire and scintillation; that is the lower the HCA score, the higher the Brilliance scope ratings? Do these two great tools correlate at all? Thanks to anyone who can help.
1.gif
1.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
The crown isn't shallow at all!! 34.1 is perfect!! The stone sounds gorgeus!!!! I would bring it to an appraiser who will verify the grades? Is the stone certified by GIA?

Giangi
1.gif

Lugus

Shiny_Rock
sounds like a nice find. You didn't mention the color though, and i'm curious
2.gif

the HCA and BScope are just tools. Oftentimes they'll agree, but they don't have to. For a purchase like this you'll want to get a BScope test.

DiamondOptics

Shiny_Rock
Hi Rookie,

The HCA and the b-scope are a couple of technologies
that have really helped consumers make more
informative decisions on their purchase.

The diamond you have choosen sounds great with the measurements. When you implement any additional
technologies to it, it stands as a further confirmation
on what your getting.

Kirk

rookie

Rough_Rock
yes, it is certified by GIA.

rookie

Rough_Rock
color is F

DiamondOptics

Shiny_Rock
GIA and AGS are as good as it gets.

An F color is also highly desirable,
and is technically classified as colorless
by the GIA.

Kirk

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results