shape
carat
color
clarity

Help - not sure if custom ring is too big?

jmae

Rough_Rock
Hi there,

I had a custom double halo ring made and it was just given to me by the jeweler a few days ago. My immediate reaction was that it was too big.

They are willing to remake the ring and just add this setting to their inventory. Can you please weigh in and let me know what you think of its size on my hand....(and yes, I desperately need a manicure - lol)! Also, if you don<t like - please let me know your suggestions for improvement...

actual_ring_0.jpg

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think it's too big, it looks very pretty! I'd wear it for a few days and then see how you feel, you may well get used to it.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks like the perfect size for you hand...would love to see more pictures.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it a lot.. but you have to like it~ probably getting used to a bit more coverage on your finger seems huge at first.. others above said wear it for a few days, I think that is the way to go.. beautiful ring!

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
I think it looks great!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's gorgeous and you should consider hand modeling! :love: :love: :love:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, it's definitely big, but it's really pretty!! Depends on the look you're going for. Did you want a BLING celebrity ring look, or more of a sparkly, delicate look?

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It will shrink with time. You will be trying to figure out why you didn't consider three halos! :D

It looks fabulous. Enjoy it. It's beautiful!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with others that (a) it looks beautiful and (b) after you get used to it, it won't seem as big. However, if it continues to bother you, maybe do something similar but with a single halo vs double halo.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks beautiful on you! I definitely do not think it is too big, but I agree with others that you have to love it! I definitely think you will get used to it if you wear it for a bit, hopefully you'll love it soon!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would keep it, it's stunning!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it, I think it looks in proportion with your fingers and your hand.

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
Looks just perfect coverage for your finger width.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also think it looks lovely & it's a perfect size on your hand. I think you need to wear it for a while as I think you'll get used to it :))

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is gorgeous! Keep it! In just a little while it won't look big to you at all and you will be so glad you did!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think it's too big and I think it looks beautiful on your hand! I agree with PP's, give it a little time. I initially felt my halo reset was too big but I got used to it and am now comfortable wearing it.

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It depends on what look you want. To me that doesn't really look like a single diamond with 2 halos around it, the center diamond is just to lost in there. If you want the 2 halo look I think it would look better with smaller meelee diamonds.

This look to me, looks like an entire pave diamond ring.... If that's the look you're going for it does like great in its self and very proportional to your hand. If however you wanted the center diamond surrounded by 2 halos look; I don't think it was achieved.

Beaglemom

Shiny_Rock
I think it looks fantastic on your hand. Enjoy it.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks very pretty and fits your hand great. I know it's all personal preference; once you wear it you won't think it is so big.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it :) Don't worry, it will shrink after a day or two ;)) mine look small now, lol.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is very pretty and not too big at all...I know what you are feeling though. The more you wear it the smaller it will
seem. Just takes a little time to get use to that's all!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you haven't had it all that long, it may just be a very big visual shocker.

I'm a colored stone girl but I think the ring looks good; I'm all about halos particularly on my big ol hands no halo is too much :shifty: but I have to agree with theredspinel, the look is big , bold and busy. The rings proportions work in my eyes though tbh...

If you want a more dainty look consider one halo or smaller melee for both halos. From the images I see an airline which also adds to the overall size. There are some that have the personality to rock that ring as is and some that don't. You're the only one who can decide if this ring is you or not. But frankly its too beautiful to just sit in a drawer because you find it too big to wear.

My advice is that if you have opportunity to tweak a bit without incurring extra costs, do it. Lots of threads around here for diamonds with halos (including doubles!) so do check those out. There's no harm in being sure you're getting what you want.

leahscott

Rough_Rock
I'm following this thread to see how fast DSS sets in, or in this case SSS- setting shrinkage syndrome. I say give it some time. It might start to feel just right!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
jmae|1461010824|4020884 said:
Hi there,

I had a custom double halo ring made and it was just given to me by the jeweler a few days ago. My immediate reaction was that it was too big.

They are willing to remake the ring and just add this setting to their inventory. Can you please weigh in and let me know what you think of its size on my hand....(and yes, I desperately need a manicure - lol)! Also, if you don<t like - please let me know your suggestions for improvement...

actual_ring_0.jpg
I don't think it's too big, but there's an airline between the haloes that I would not like very much.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was just thinking how nice the airline is !
:lol:
I think it's a beautiful ring, and yes, I agree with others...it will look smaller in a while, so perhaps it's best to take your time making any decisions.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jimmianne|1461357977|4022569 said:
I was just thinking how nice the airline is !
:lol:
I think it's a beautiful ring, and yes, I agree with others...it will look smaller in a while, so perhaps it's best to take your time making any decisions.
I am not a fan of airlines lol

jmae

Rough_Rock
Hi Ladies,

Thanks for your great feedback! In the end, I did decide that I needed a few changes to make it feel "right" to me. I asked the jeweler for the following:

- Eliminate the airline (gap) between the 2 halos
- Lower the center stone (you can't see in the photo, but it was way too high and you could see through the setting)
- Use smaller diamonds on the outer halo (to reduce the overall size a bit)

Just waiting for the "revised" version now! I'll post as soon as I get it! Fingers crossed I didn't make a mistake! :doh:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the update jmae! The changes you're making sound good (although I like the airline lol) and I'm sending good thoughts that you love your new ring! Sounds like the jeweler is making a completely new ring?

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jmae|1461693210|4023834 said:
Hi Ladies,

Thanks for your great feedback! In the end, I did decide that I needed a few changes to make it feel "right" to me. I asked the jeweler for the following:

- Eliminate the airline (gap) between the 2 halos
- Lower the center stone (you can't see in the photo, but it was way too high and you could see through the setting)
- Use smaller diamonds on the outer halo (to reduce the overall size a bit)

Just waiting for the "revised" version now! I'll post as soon as I get it! Fingers crossed I didn't make a mistake! :doh:

This sounds good. Hopefully it will turn out great and it'll be something you love!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results