shape
carat
color
clarity

Help new guy buy mother''s day gift for wife

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hwkkix

Rough_Rock
Having been steered in the right direction by Pricescope in the past, I''m now looking to try my luck with the pearls. Again - I know nothing about these other than it would make the wife happy. Please give me some advice and ideas for a decent mother''s day gift - she deserves it. I''m thinking $500ish but could probably scrape up a few more bucks for an extrordinary opportunity.

We do not dress up often and she is rather simple in style. I''ve posted a link to the rings/earrings I''ve purchased for her in hopes you can help me find something that would make a nice addition.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/wf-u-prong-earring-cads.99942/

Thanks

Hello hwkkix! I followed the link that the ring/ earrings are SO pretty!! Good work.

Now, what kind of direction do you want to go in? A nice necklace? bracelet? earrings? pendant? a set??

For some reason, after reading your post, I am thinking a nice tahitian or SS with a diamond pendant would be lovely. You could wear it with jeans, you could wear it dressed up a bit...

I''m going to look for a link to something right now.. BRB ;-)

I like this one in the 11-12mm range. It would be $393
http://www.pearlparadise.com/Romance-Collection-Pearl--Diamond-Pendant190.aspx

This one has more diamonds 11-12mm, $483
http://www.pearlparadise.com/Orion-Collection-Tahitian-Pearl--Diamond-Pendant1024.aspx

White South Sea 10mm $543
http://www.pearlparadise.com/Romance-Collection-White-South-Sea-Pearl--Diamond-Pendant1034.aspx

The thing I like about these, is that she could wear her diamond earrings with the pendant and it would be GORGEOUS :D

hwkkix

Rough_Rock
I''m surprised but i kind of like those. I was thinking a 14" strand but those suggestons make sense to me

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I love the exotic freshwater multicolor strand idea - with matching earrings. I LOVE these strands and they''re perfect for casual or dressy

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the white south sea pendant. It will look gorgeous with that beautiful ring and earrings! You mentioned a 14" length. Is she pretty petite around her neck? 14" could end up choking her. The next best length which is very common is 16"...and of course, you can go from there.

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
I have the multicolor exotics from PP and LOVE them. I do wear them with everything from jeans to dresses, grocery store to work to out for dinner. Since you like matching sets - and there is nothing wrong with that - here is a set w/ necklace and bracelet...

http://www.pearlparadise.com/6570-mm-Multicolor-Exotic-Freshwater-Pearl-Set3072.aspx

I loved the South Sea pendant that was posted also. I have a Tahitian pendant that I love but I find I don''t wear it as often as I do a white freshwater pendant or one of my strands. Just something to think about.

How sweet of you to be looking for this special gift. If you call Pearl Paradise, they can give you some ideas also as they are very nice to work with and go out of their way to be helpful.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I would also contact Elana at Future Fashionista. Many people are here have strands from her as well. If you email her I find she is more flexible with price etc.

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
I bought one of these for my daughter from Richard Wise and had him make a simple 18k white gold setting for a pendant. Mine might be a little smaller than the pearls in the link, but it's still quite large, and it made an elegantly simple and stunning pendant. I gave it to my daughter for her 16th birthday, and she was stunned by it. She just gasped "It's beautiful! I love it!"

The teardrop shape makes a beautiful, and different, pearl pendant, something that is appropriate everywhere - dinner out, date, special occasion.

Here are some other pearls from his website. I think the one I bought is more this size, though it was a little more expensive. My daughter's pearl most closely resembles the top right pearl in this picture.

These are larger, and more beautiful, than they look in the photo. Solid nacre, no bead inside. Absolutely beautiful pearls.

These would also be gorgeous as a simple pendant and earring set.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty. But I''m wondering why the prices are so high per pearl? I''ve never seen freshies go for that much..

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/19/2010 1:26:04 AM
Author: Sarahbear621
I would also contact Elana at Future Fashionista. Many people are here have strands from her as well. If you email her I find she is more flexible with price etc.

I second working with Elana. She''s fabulous and has an amazing inventory of pearls for all budgets. The pearls I''m wearing in my avatar are all from E.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results