shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP?! - New Digital Camera - Taking Pics of my Diamond?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
I have a question - anyone have a Olympus Camedia C-4000 Zoom Digital Camera? I just got one. It has 3X Optical Zoom, 4 megapixels, and tons of other features I am not sure about yet. I have heard on here lots about "Macro Mode" - which mine evidentally has and I have tried using it... but taking pics of my regular loose diamond - I just can''t get it close enough to come out like everyone elses?? It''s always blurry. What am I doing wrong?? I am very frustrated!!!!
sad.gif
14.gif

Any advice or suggestions???

Dancin Girl
12.gif

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
I am not familiar with your camera model, but you should see if you can get close up lenses for it.

You might want to also consider using photoshop, as you can crop then image using it which will enlarge the image.

You might also want to disable the auto focus feature as well.

Lighting and position is also critical.

Hope this helps.

Rockdoc

cowboystu

Shiny_Rock
Hey Dancin Girl...

I don't have that exact camera, but I just checked the specs and you have everything you need to make amazing pictures (as long as you have a tripod).

First, set the tripod up how you like it w/ the ring 2-3 inches from the lens (you camera is supposed to have 1"-8" macro mode). Select the aperature priority mode and then set the aperature to the highest number possible. There should be a "flower" image next to a button (to the left of the direction buttons). Press that and make sure the same image shows up on the LCD screen showing that you are now in Macro mode. Now set your camera to manual focus (this is the part i have no idea about on your camera). Once you have it focused, you might also want to adjust the white balance (also need to read the manual on how to do manual white balance on your camera).

My favorite method of shooting is to move various light sources around until I see the perfect shot, then use the time delay (or remote) and take the shot.

Here is a tutorial for "fancy pants" jewelery shooting from Olympus (opens in new window).

Hope this helps, hit me with any more questions...

Stu

aneelcon

Shiny_Rock
I also have an olympus camera...I forget the model number of it actually. but it has 2.1 Megapixels, 3x digital, 3x optical zoom. It's not very good at taking close-up pics. Try pressing the flower button. That might help. I used my digital camcorder to take up close pics of my ring. The olympus is great for everything but close-ups. sorry. If anyone has a different experience with olympus, let me know!!! I heard the Nikon is good.

cowboystu

Shiny_Rock
Some Olympus cameras are good and others are just decent...depends on which model you got.

Stu

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
I am having a little more luck. I wasn't so good on figuring the manual focus - but I got SUPER MACRO MODE working..woohoo! :) I'll post the best of what I get and you can give me some more pointers! THANKS A BUNCH!

Dancin Girl

3.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Dancin, I'm eager to see your picts. We just bought the C-4000 as well; it should arrive sometime this week. I'm assuming you read all the same reviews I did?
2.gif
If its super macro function is anything like some of the pictures I've seen I'll be one happy gal.

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
Ok here is ONE pic... let me tell you -- editing this to fit the perameters of the website has been a PAIN IN MY YOU KNOW WHAT! I want it big enough to be seen... but uughh what a long process this has been. More to be posted as I edit them!

~Dancin Girl
sad.gif

My Diamond 2a.jpg

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
WOW! Great first effort on the pic, and... GREAT ARROWS in that diamond too!

Congrats on both!
1.gif

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
A little different lighting... looks purpleish almost! I thought this was cool!

My Diamond 5.jpg

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
Here is a little side view -- I like the blue pie piece reflection of light on the top -hehe, kinda neat don't ya think?

My Diamond Side View 1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results