shape
carat
color
clarity

help neeeded once more thanks to all

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Hello:what price range would be a g it scored just below 2, Here are specs for gia exc cut and polish no fluoresc

round brilliant 1.49, F , VVS2, d 61.1 , tble 58,crown 34.5,pav 41. It looks good on paper have yet to see it... Please help I am thinking its too costly? Waiting to hear from you: thanks again,you have been so good with aLL help.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
do you want a vvss? I would aim for a vs and it will be super eye clean and cheaper.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
  1. .thanks skip girl? what would it cost at vs1 ?how cheaper do you think? I asked for vvs as it was my preference? Anyone has any experience in cost difference?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1.49 is an excellent value in that it is just under 1.5 cts.! What is the price?

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Its between 17. and 19 what do you think of that cost? Thanks a million

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think $17,000 is okay...19,000 is too much. There are F VVS2 diamonds listed on the search over 1.5 for $19,000. I wouldn''t worry about the VVS2...that is quite nice with an F stone and the odds of finding a 1.49 F VS1 or VS2 are not likely!

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks again.do you think 17 would be a good price? if I can get it? I have been looking and can''t ever find over 1.3 so its very tempting for me.Just hoping to get it at a good price.Please help out..on this one...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There was a 1.41 James Allen stone at something like 15,800, I think. Then there were stones above 1.5 from around 16,000 to 19,000. Is this a regular jeweler or an online vendor? Really, I think $17,000 is okay, but I''d want to see pictures and hopefully an Idealscope.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
my diamond scored a 1.7 on the HCA. It is 1.5 carats, Color G, ideal cut, VS2 and very clean for $12,300. Hope that helps.

nejarb

Shiny_Rock
this is a f vs2 1.50, ex/ex, no fl, good size and under 15k:

http://www.bluenile.com/diamonds_details.asp?__fun_frm=i&pid=LD00291180&filter_id=0

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
no pics yet , What would you like to see " ideal scope"? sorry don''t know what this means? Still trying to get it at reasonable price.I have been looking for under 1.5 so this one is the closest yet..Let me know waiting to hear back...Many thaNKS.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/2/2006 9:24:57 PM
Author: nejarb
this is a f vs2 1.50, ex/ex, no fl, good size and under 15k:

http://www.bluenile.com/diamonds_details.asp?__fun_frm=i&pid=LD00291180&filter_id=0
Looks pretty good!

So you are flexible on the color and clarity? What is the max you want to spend? I''ll link you a stone with an idealscope image. Good Old Gold and WhiteFlash are two vendors who provide that on most of their stones.

Actaully, here are a couple of good possibilities for you:

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/2349/

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/2558/

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
thanks will try to get ideaL scope to post it.thanks for those two beauties too...More later...as I get info and proper pricing...thanks to all of you..will be back when I have it for you..

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Skippy 123 that helps me . Did you see pictures and idealscope on it before purchasing.I am not sure how I would post pics here and quite frankly I would not be sure how to evaluate them myself.the stone is vvs2, ( gia ) so it should be pretty clean don''t you think? It scored below 2.Thanks to everyone..

the other Jake

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/10/2006 1:57:00 PM
Author: scarleta
Thanks Skippy 123 that helps me . Did you see pictures and idealscope on it before purchasing.I am not sure how I would post pics here and quite frankly I would not be sure how to evaluate them myself.the stone is vvs2, ( gia ) so it should be pretty clean don't you think? It scored below 2.Thanks to everyone..
A vvs2 means that it is extremely difficult for an expert to find inclusions under 10x magnification therefore there is no way that inclusions can be seen on a vvs2 with the naked eye (otherwise known as "eye clean") that is properly graded. Vs1 and vs2 are just slightly less difficult for an expert to find inclusions. These stones will not have inclusions visible to the naked eye. There are even SI1 and SI2 stones that are "eye clean"... So to answer your questions yes it is "pretty clean". However, if you want a diamond that looks clean to the naked eye- a clarity this high is unnecessary. You would be fine with a Vs2.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Well the diamond I had in mind has now been sold ( waited too long I guess) Apparently they do not come often in that size 1.49 vvs.The price was right and the score was under 2. How likely am I to get just under 1.5 and vvs no more that f with excellent cut ( gia or ags) , not to mention the price factor. I am ready to start searching for pink one ( have recently seen one Tiffany had what a beauty it was! Would have to second mortgage my house .. Is it indeed that difficult to find a good one under 1.5? So far I have not had much luck only the one I mentioned , but I did not act fast enough ( maybe it was not for me after all. Or I may be able to find a pink one again cheaper one ? Any input on that? thanks again...

diamondpug

Rough_Rock
did you put the stone on hold? i think most dealers can put it on hold for you for a day or so. this might give you some time to hit these forums and get a few more data points.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much for your reply, Unfortunately it was held for me for 1 week and then as I was deciding it got sold. My fault I know did not move fast enough i guess. I shall move faster on the next one.Shortly I shall post one more to see how this one looks to you experts there. So much help coming from this forum its so very helpfull.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results