shape
carat
color
clarity

Help needed

currymonster

Rough_Rock

Hello,

I''ve been promising my wife a nice diamond for a few years and I''ve come across one but I''m not 100%, I need to be sure before committing as it''s a lot of money to buy somthing over the internet without seeing it.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Round Stone
Ct: 1.4
Col: F
Cut: ICE ID H&A (Cut Grade Excellent)
Cert: GIA
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Flourencent: medium

Table 56%
Depth 62.9
Thin Girdle (Would THIN this be a problem)

I run the above dimension through the Holloway Cut Adviser https://www.pricescope.com/cutadviser.asp and it came out as 3.6.

Just not 100% sure

Thank you in advance

Steve

2064215IS.jpg

currymonster

Rough_Rock
Inaddition to the IdealScope above here is the ASET image ..... Thanks

2064215AS.jpg

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thin is fine.

IS/ASET looks a little too perfect to me to be actual images, looks like just a DiamCalc simulation with the average numbers input and ideal symm. Prefer to look at the actual image.

currymonster

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice, would you have an opionin on the medium fluorescence with an F colour plus the crown angle and depth being pretty deep.

I would be buying this online and need to have a good feel before I take the jump.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
What is the GIA report number?

IF the Idealscope image is the actual image, then it is good, but as I said before, looks a little too perfect for me. I would request an actual idealscope image.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ditto SC - either those are cg or they got dead-centre pics and upped the colour saturation & contrast wayyyy too much which means you've lost some valuable info

currymonster

Rough_Rock
GIA Certificate No.16898535

slg47

Ideal_Rock
i noticed this diamond is IF, have you considered looking at other stones/other vendors for one without such a high clarity grade, this can probably save you some $$ or get you a larger diamond...

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yup, need a real IS image.

Or if they have a very good return policy you can have it sent to you to inspect. Take it to a local Jareds and compare to some of their peerless diamonds which are AGS0.

currymonster

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice guys, I''ve done some more research and found this stone which I think is better, I''d be pleased if you could give me your thoughts on this one.

feyeyf.JPG

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
looks good.

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/28/2010 4:21:10 AM
Author: Stone-cold11
Thin is fine.

looks like just a DiamCalc simulation with the average numbers input
Good spotting.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
The second one that is the WF stone is beautiful. You could probably go down in clarity from the VVS1, but a quick search on their site didn''t show anything else in that price range that I would suggest. For that money, why don''t you email them and see what else they might suggest?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results