shape
carat
color
clarity

Help needed with halo sizes...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Hi Everyone,

I considering a reset of my e-ring. It is currently set in a six prong Tiffany style setting. The stone is an RB just under .50ct (it is 5mm). The stone is the one my husband gave to me over 12 years ago and it means a lot to me. I do not want to upgrade the stone. But, I was thinking that a halo would dress it up a bit and give the little guy a bit more bling!

I have searched and read everything I could find on PS regarding halo settings. I definitely like the bezel set over the four prong. And I like the look of the Ritani Endless Love solitaire only without stones set in the shank. I would like to do a thin, 2mm band that is metal (I was inspired by the look of Tawn''s gorgeous split shank!). I think it would look better this way as it will be worn with my channel set anniversary band (is it 3mm) and 2mm w-band. Although, if you guys think having stones in the shank would work... I am all ears.

2.gif

The one issue that I am having a tough time visualizing is the halo itself. From what I have read... with an RB the size of mine, 1 pointers or .007/.008 would work well. Is there a huge difference in width between the two? Which do you think would work best? Any visuals that anyone could provide would really be appreciated. I attached a photo of my rings in their present state...

Thanks so much!

DCP_2172.JPG

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
personally, i like a very small/thin halo on a round stone. I think the .007 or .008''s would be beautiful.

this isn''t a bezel, but i love this tacori halo setting b/c the halo is so thin and doesn''t overtake the center stone..

IMG_0742.jpg

ponderer

Shiny_Rock
This is one of my favorite halos for a round. I believe it is Ritani inspired yet Whiteflash created (correct me if I am wrong). I dont remember who the lucky owner is. I love the delicacy of the melee in proportion to the diamond and the sleek modern lines of the bezel.

hhhhhhhhhh.jpg

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Mrs. Salvo, that Tacori setting is stunning! And I definitely hear you on going with the .007/.008...

Ponderer, the WF ring you posted is the style I have in mind.

Here is a photo of the Ritani Endless Love setting with a .50ct RB. The proportion works very well. But I am not sure of the halo''s size!

RitaniHalo.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ponderer, I believe that setting you posted from WF belongs to noonersmom who doesn''t post here any more. However, I also believe they can''t make it any longer without small modifications because of copyright laws.

Joolski: the ritani is gorgous. anyway to just buy the real thing?

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Oh Mrs. Salvo... if only I could just purchase the Ritani! Alas, I have Ritani taste on an Adwar budget. LOL!

And, as my anniversary band is channel set and 3mm, I am concerned that having delicate melee in the shank would look too delicate next to the heft of the channel set band. Although, I think that tomorrow I will take a little drive to the nearest Ritani dealer to test my theory.

I have already spoken with a jeweler regarding this project. Adwar offers several halo options for half-carat RBs that could easily be made without the melee in the shank. However, they all come standard with 1 point halos. Having read here on PS that going slightly smaller could work better, I am curious as to the 1 pointer to .50ct RB ratio vs. the .007/.008 to .50ct RB ratio. If I decide to go with the .007/.008, it will up the price quite a bit. Nowhere near Ritani pricing but about twice as much as going with the standard setting. Which is why I was hoping someone might be able to help me with a visual comparison.

What I do know is that I keep looking down at my lovely RB in its solitaire setting while imagining that halo around it!

9.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
.007/.008 would be great. I also think 1 pointers would be beautiful if it''s hard to source the smaller stones.

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Wow, thanks kcoursolle! Those are both lovely settings. I will definitely find out more...

I should mention that I absolutely adore the WF halo settings. The only thing is that my anniversary band and w-band are both 950 palladium which I really like. And WF is not currently working with 950 palladium. I already contacted them about it.

I would like for the three rings to be the same metal. The Adwar setting is similar in shape and profile to both the Ritani and Knox settings. And it can be made in palladium with 1 pointers in the halo and come in way within my budget. Or, I could have a similar ring made up with .007/.008 in the halo... still within my budget but more than option #1.

Firegoddess, I am leaning toward going with the .007/.008... I think it would give me the look I am after. A bit more bling while letting my RB still have a bit of the spotlight!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results