shape
carat
color
clarity

Help needed with diamond band

hengwin

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I'm a long time lurker who finally had to join because I need your help :)

So, my original engagement ring (bought from ID Jewelry after a Pricescope recommendation...I was so happy with the overall experience I'll go back for the second ring) is a full eternity band with 7 pointers, shared prongs...I wanted something simple and fuss free because I am not a big ring person at all. Sadly, although I love the band dearly, I've worn it only a few times because a) I cannot get used to the feeling of the stones between my fingers and b) it's slightly too big (not the sellers fault, I ordered 1/4 size too big because I was panicked it would not fit and couldn't be made bigger) so it actually slipped off my finger during winter twice.

To make a long story short, I want to replace it with a half eternity of some sorts. I'm thinking a 7 stone band with 11 pointers maybe (oh how it pains me I'm cutting my TCW basically in half!)...I have smallish fingers (5.25) and there will be a wedding band soon, too.

So my question is, do you think I will get enough finger coverage to kind of keep the illusion of the full eternity, or should I go for a 9 stone band...or make the stones bigger? (then again, I really do not want something massive, it will just annoy me. I need something that goes on my finger and I can forget about, or else I'll just be wearing my plain gold wedding band, which would be a shame really, no? :naughty: )

Thoughts? Thanks a lot!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results