shape
carat
color
clarity

Help needed - which oval would you pick?

itsnotjustaboulder

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone - this is my first post here, but I've been lurking and learning so much from all of your posts and information!!!

We have been searching since January for a 4-4.8 ish carat oval, more of a wider, fatter shape (not football-y hah) with 1.44+ L/W ratio. Have prioritized HPHT due to a lot of striation issues we've noticed esp in these bigger stones.

Unfortunately we've still been learning a lot as we go, and after the headache of 3 stones bought and returned (mainly due to suboptimal cut when we look at it IRL with an ASET scope, and blue tint in another) I would be so grateful for a second pair of eyes on these HPHT ovals we have short listed if anyone can help to check if they do/don't have a blue tint and thoughts on overall cut!!

Here they are:

GCAL report on the cut looks great, but the video color looks kind of steely blue...?:

THANK YOU!!!!

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome @itsnotjustaboulder! Ovals are so hard to evaluate. I’m definitely not an expert, but I wonder if the 4.66 has a slight blue tinge. Granted, my own stone has blue tinge, and I don’t mind. It’s all personal.

As far as cut is concerned, I will refer you back to your ASET scope. I *think* the 4.71 has a bunch of leakage, but remember that I’m not not not an expert.

The search takes so much time, but you’re investing in a lifetime relationship with the stone, so it will be worth it. Sounds like you’re already on the right track. Just a matter of time. Good luck!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They all look like bow tie in the middle. I would keep looking.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
They all look like bow tie in the middle. I would keep looking.

None have a bowtie AprilBaby, but without an ASET I wouldn't consider making a decision without some sort of side by side or other assistance from the vendor.
There is leakage through the center which makes the stones look good in the type of video lighting IMHO.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
@Garry H (Cut Nut)
Screenshot_20221110-125105.png

Based on the location my guess is high angle 90-75
Leakage is white but is shown much better on the "optical brilliance" image on the report. The white one where grey and purple are leakage.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
@Garry H (Cut Nut)
Screenshot_20221110-125105.png

Based on the location my guess is high angle 90-75
Leakage is white but is shown much better on the "optical brilliance" image on the report. The white one where grey and purple are leakage.
Leakage was white, but I think they may have changed it? - but from this leakage version - I am sure you are right Karl.
I really do not like the GCAL structured light system. It seems to me to be so deliberately confusing as to be psuedo science! #angelo please explain?

1692162369964.png 1692162464317.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results