shape
carat
color
clarity

Help needed to evaluate 2 fancies

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

baloo

Rough_Rock
ok, I am tossing up between a Lucere, Regent or Square radiant cut. I have been given some details on two Stones. I''m having trouble working out what the numbers mean (most tutorials work for rounds) so any advice on either of these would be appreciated. Here are the GIA and Bscope reports

Modified Square Brilliant
1.19ct
6.33x6.3x4.16
Depth 66% Table 63%
Girdle: Medium to Extremely Thick
Cutlet None
Polish & Symmetry Excellent
D, VS1, Fluro None
Bscope says H,VH,VH

Modified Square Brilliant
1.17ct
6.30x6.29x4.1212
Depth 65.5% Table 65%
Girdle: Medium to Thick
Cutlet none
Polish Excellent Symmetry Very Good
F, VS1, Fluro None
Bscope says M,VH,H

Thoughts anyone ?

homer_j

Shiny_Rock
Based solely on that, almost too close to call. What shape is each one? I think the eyes will have to be the final judge between these two. What about price? Is there a big difference, is price a factor between the two?

baloo

Rough_Rock
They are the same shape. Regents. I wish I could have a look at them in the flesh but I'm based about 8,000 miles from where the vendor is.
sick.gif

There is about $1200 difference in price with the 1.19ct breaking the 5 figure mark. My take is that if the more expensive is a lot better to the eye then the higher price might be justifiable, but only just.

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
HI...nice looking Regents...I am assuming these are at GOG...and you got the info from Jonathan...

I have been able to look at Regents in person...they are awesome...

I did not get to look at these stones though...

As for which one...if money is not an issue...I would go for the 1.19 D VS1...although to be honest either would be just great...

I have trouble with the numbers too...they just don't work for this cut...as well...yet..

Hope this is of some help

homer_j

Shiny_Rock
Hey diane, I looked at GOG for Baloo and these two weren't listed unfortunately. Because then he would have pictures to compare.

Baloo, if you haven't checked out goodoldgold.com, then do so. They have a few listed on their site with detailed info including photos. If you are looking on-line, you may want to give them a shot. According to diane (I think), they are authorized retailers for regents and have a good reputation for finding you the perfect stone rather than just trying to sell you what they have. I haven't done business with them personally, but they get a lot of recommendations here. Regents are beautiful stones.

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
HI Homer_J and Baloo...I to looked at GOG website...before I responded...and they are not listed...yet...it does take a while to get stuff up on their site...I saw the 1.01 and 1.11 and the 1.47 before they were listed as they had just come in...

Baloo you had asked about the 1.11 before and I responded...that it was a great stone...and made my final cut...but I chose another (.90 D VVS2) I tried to upload pic but it wouldn't work

I am pretty sure these are through GOG...and are in process or something...I think GOG is currently the primary (only)retailer...they may be one other...but I do not know who...and have not heard of another...

All of the stones I saw were awesome...I don't think you will be disappointed in either of them

Since you are so far away...perhaps you could go to a local jeweler and look at the stones (eg RB) and see if color is an issue with you in that size/carat wt...

Had I had an unlimited budget...I would have perhaps chosen differently...bring on the 3c
Up_to_something.gif
...the 1.47 was very nice
twirl.gif

If you are not in a rush there will be more stones coming...

Best of luck in your search

baloo

Rough_Rock
Jonathan at GOG is the man sending me the specs. I do like the sound of the D, VS1 but I am a bit worried about the Medium to Extremely Thick Girdle. Any thoughts on whether that will take away from the stone ?

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
It seems that many Regents have girdles that are partly ext thick... I guess this is the way they work! As long as the girdle is polished (which usually isn't listed on the GIA report) or faceted (which is listed), it will be okay! And remember that with a D VS 1 Regent diamond none will ever dream of saying 'wow! Look at that thick girdle!!!!!!'
1.gif
Tehy will be very impressed with its beauty! Although I've never seen one, they have to be gorgeous!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results