shape
carat
color
clarity

Help needed: prong reflections causing haziness in diamond?

itsraininbunnies

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone! I've been a long time lurker, and recently bought a diamond with the excellent advice on Pricescope. I love my new diamond, but I've noticed in certain lighting, at certain angles, I can see some haziness/something that looks sort of like clouds. These seem to line up with the prongs, and I don't see any haziness in the areas between prongs. Could this just be reflections from the metal of the prongs? The stone is a VS1, and on the plot, there don't seem to be any clouds/pinpoints that could cause haziness. I'm still in the return window for the stone, so if it were an issue with the stone, I can send it back and get another.

Thanks in advance for all your help! =)2

The diamond is linked below:
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...color-vs1-clarity-true-hearts-cut-sku-2473744

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it possible to post pictures of what you are seeing?

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
The diamond looks pretty. How do you clean your ring?

itsraininbunnies

Rough_Rock
Is it possible to post pictures of what you are seeing?

Thank you for the suggestion! So far my attempts to take pictures of what I'm seeing have been unsuccessful (camera can't seem to capture it/focus properly), but I'll try again when I get home.

Thank you, Pricescope was a great resource to help pick a great diamond! I clean it with Dawn dish soap, hot water, and a soft bristled toothbrush. And I've tried looking right after cleaning, and the haziness is still there, so I don't think what I'm seeing is from dirt.

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Try to clean it very well ! Usually I take a used toothbrush head from my ultrasonic toothbrush and clean my rings with it !it usually removes everything! Also , if you use regular dishsoap , check if it had any additives/softeners in it ,it also can create a film on diamond . Purchase the cheapest most aggressive dish soap :))))

itsraininbunnies

Rough_Rock
Try to clean it very well ! Usually I take a used toothbrush head from my ultrasonic toothbrush and clean my rings with it !it usually removes everything! Also , if you use regular dishsoap , check if it had any additives/softeners in it ,it also can create a film on diamond . Purchase the cheapest most aggressive dish soap :))))

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll definitely try that! It would be a relief if this is just from dirt, and I don't have to worry about returning the stone and getting a new one.

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
It is possible that the metal under the diamond is not nicely polished, but it would not be a big problem for me.

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll definitely try that! It would be a relief if this is just from dirt, and I don't have to worry about returning the stone and getting a new one.
Check for sure your dishsoap ! I am more than sure it has softeners or oils ,and it stays on diamond !

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ditto this... the crannies right next to the prongs are especially hard to clean!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results