shape
carat
color
clarity

help needed on yellow diamond

sillyC

Rough_Rock
I benefited a lot from reading this forum. Now i am searching for a yellow diamond for a pendant. I am currently interested in two stones from Leibish. I would like to hear your opinions and comments.

The first is this: http://www.leibish.com/yellow-diamonds/fancy-vivid-yellow-cushion-23552... This stone has a pretty color. The con is that the GIA cert does not report clarity or cut. I assume that's intentional. As i can see clear inclusions from a closed up shot. How concerned should I be about that?

The second is this one: http://www.leibish.com/yellow-diamonds/102ct-fancy-intense-yellow-cushion-vs1-191873-23161... Everything looks pretty good except for medium fluoresence.

I would like to hear your expert opinions about which one appears to be a better stone, are there anything i should absolutely avoid?

Thanks in advance!!

QuantumStuff

Rough_Rock
I'm not sure if yellow diamonds fall into the colored stones category.

Just trying to help...you may find more of a response in the diamond forums. Or not..

Q

Queenie60

Hi: The first stone you listed is simply and Origin report and does not list the clarity or anything about the cut of the stone. I would personally not purchase a stone that does not list the clarity and more specific about the stone. The second stone you listed, I would not be too concerned about the fluoresence as usually that would just enhance the yellow in the diamond. I am certainly not an expert, just sharing the experiences I have had. Be sure that there is a good return policy on the stones so that you can see them for yourself and possibly have them checked by a local jeweler/appraiser. Good luck - yellow diamonds are beautiful. Also check out diamondsbylauren.com. They have many beautiful yellow diamonds and provide much detailed information for each stone they sell.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
welcome to the forum. And,yes, the colored stone forum is the right place for yellow diamonds. Colored diamonds do not follow the same guidelines as colorless diamonds.

ok- the first diamond is a very pretty color, but for $15,000 I would want a full GIA report on it! Although, Leibish states it is eye clean, I would still want to know what the inclusions are, etc.

The second stone has a thick girdle so you are losing some size (face up) as weight is being taken up by the "very thick" girdle. Second, medium blue fluorescence may or may not adversely affect the diamond. A yellow diamond with blue fluorescence may lose some color in certain lighting. I'd ask for additional photos in direct sunlight and ask their opinion, too. I have purchased several diamonds from Leibish (although they have been pinks, not yellow) and have always found them very honest in their opinions. they also have a good return policy, but unless you live in or near New York (providing you even live in the US), it is a bit of a pain to do returns.

sillyC

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for replies, much appreciated!

MMiroyan, thanks for the info about the origin report.

pinkjewel, i will ask Leibish to provide more info about the first one, although i guess from the discussion, it is the inclusions that prevents a full report. For the second one, i did not even notice the girdle, i only noticed the side shot looks "fat" and watery at the bottom.

I have heart about 30 day return policy, and yes i am US based.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results