shape
carat
color
clarity

Help needed: jeweler to set loose stone in bay area

imdoubler

Shiny_Rock
I'm new to bay area and I'm looking for jeweler who can set my loose color stones(sapphire, spinel, zircon) with the settings i got from LOGR and Jewelryhoo.
Could you recommend any reliable jeweler in bay area esp. south bay (San Jose, Fremont, Mountain View, etc.)?
Thanks!

Q

Queenie60

Hello: You should call Shepherds Jewelry Manufacturing in Los Gatos. I have had them resize rings and do other repairs and setting of stones over the years. They are very experienced, reliable and reputable. They are on North Santa Cruz Avenue in Los Gatos. Good luck :wavey:

imdoubler

Shiny_Rock
thank you Queenie60
I will give them a call today

Inbloom

Shiny_Rock
I'm thinking of having custom settings made via etsy and having a local jeweler set my loose sapphires, so I'm also looking for reputable setters in the Bay Area. Any more recommendations?

JackTrick

Brilliant_Rock
I’ve had good luck with the goldsmith at Mansoor Fine Jewelers in Palo Alto.

Inbloom

Shiny_Rock
I’ve had good luck with the goldsmith at Mansoor Fine Jewelers in Palo Alto.

Thanks @JackTrick! I just checked out their website and they have a list of services that has "gem setting" as one of them. That's perfect. Have you had any custom work done with them? If their prices are reasonable then maybe I can have them make the custom setting too.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nick Engel in San Francisco and Seelenbacher Jewelers in Alameda have been recommended here on PS in the past couple of years & both have excellent reviews on Yelp and Google.
Both do custom work -- and I think you'd be better off doing "one-stop shopping," i.e., have the same bench fabricate the rings, with the sapphires in hand, and set the sapphires. That way, you eliminate the kind of finger-pointing-at-the-other that can happen where two different benches are involved and something goes awry, e.g., the stone-setting jeweler complains that the setting made by another vendor doesn't actually fit the stone(s) well.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results