shape
carat
color
clarity

Help needed. Is this a good price for this engagement ring

Tommotommo

Rough_Rock
Hi,
I'm hoping that you all you experts are able to assist in providing advice on whether this is a good deal.

I have been looking at he following ring currently available for $6000.

.70 ct cushion E/SI1 centre diamond in a Double halo & pave setting.
The double halo and pave is made up of 52 individual diamonds total .58ct
Ring is 18ct White Gold

This ring is available at a jewellery store chain in QLD, Australia.

Am interested to know if I could get made cheaper elsewhere or am I missing important information from my summary above that affects whether this is a good deal or not.

Thanking tou in advance for your assistance!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Help needed. Is this a good price for this engagement ri

Does the cushion come with a GIA lab report proving that it is correctly graded as an E SI1? If not, it is very likely to be much lower in both colour and clarity. Secondly, in terms of cut, there is nothing on the report or numbers or stats that clues in as to whether it is well cut or poorly cut. The quality of cut is what determines how sparkly it is. Have you viewed it away from the store lights? In general, most chain stores tend to be overpriced for the very low quality offered. Since you are in Australia, places to consider are Jogia and Holloway Diamonds.
Jorgia Diamonds (Perth) (http://www.jogiadiamonds.com.au/)
Holloway Diamonds (Melbourne)(http://www.hollowaydiamonds.com.au/)

ruchiogale

Rough_Rock

I guess that's a higher price you're paying. Could you share the pic of the engagement ring you're talking about here?

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock

I think without more specifics and stats it's very difficult to say if it's a fair price for the ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results