shape
carat
color
clarity

Help needed getting started with first pair of diamond studs

K8tlynS

Rough_Rock
Hi all! My 30th birthday is fast approaching and I decided that my first pair of diamond stud earrings will be the perfect gift from my DH. But I am feeling overwhelmed where to start... The budget really needs to stay below $3,500 (settings included), so for that reason have decided on 14 or 18k white gold. I am liking either 3 or 6-prong martini style settings. I am hoping someone can provide some guidance as to if I will be able to get between 0.9-1.20 ctw for the stones. I am fine with going down in color slightly, but what is important to me is finding diamonds with as near to ideal cut characteristics as possible. Will it be possible to get heart and arrows stones within my budget? Thanks in advance for any help!!

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Re: Help needed getting started with first pair of diamond s

You can get any specs you want with your budget, you just might not be able to get them all at the same time.

Start a search at WF or JA and put in your budget for matched pairs and sort the columns and see what the biggest pair you can get is, and then look at the corresponding colors, then sort by clarity. This way you can get a sense of what you can get for your money and then you decide what's most important you.

Q

Queenie60

I suggest that you call Yekutiel at IDJ - he can help you find stones within your budget. I recently purchased diamond studs from him and am extremely pleased with what he provided to me. Just love the little fireballs! Good luck and happy birthday. :wavey:

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock

I have G/SI2 studs (eyeclean) that are 1.2 cttw and when I purchased back in September were in your price range. I bought from IDJ and am thrilled with them. You could also consider Whiteflash. Brian Gavin has a promotion going that will continue IF UNC wins the men's ball championship tonight that would discount DEFG stones 0.18-1ct in size by more than 10% - so that could bring some nice stones lower in price.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh, I wonder if that means he is for or against UNC? lol! I am hoping they win!

K8lyn, I have loved WF for studs. I went from .65 cts each to .80 each and now have 1.15 each. It's just so easy to match stones there and the upgrade policy is great!

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock

diamondseeker2006|1459819764|4015491 said:

K8lyn, I have loved WF for studs. I went from .65 cts each to .80 each and now have 1.15 each. It's just so easy to match stones there and the upgrade policy is great!

If NOVA wins the discount on a setting he makes goes down. I think he must just like college ball in general. I can relate! (Go Heels!)

DS - anything you going to buy with the discount? ;-)

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Call Leslie at BGD, she will match pairs within your budget.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

wildcat03|1459821083|4015502 said:
diamondseeker2006|1459819764|4015491 said:

If NOVA wins the discount on a setting he makes goes down. I think he must just like college ball in general. I can relate! (Go Heels!)

DS - anything you going to buy with the discount? ;-)

Awesome! Glad we are rooting for the same team (although they are making me nervous right now)! No, I am totally out of bling money! I have a couple of stones that aren't even set yet! So no more diamonds for me for quite awhile!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results