shape
carat
color
clarity

Help needed for choosing H & A

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rough_Rock
Hi,I have been reading this BB for sometime now. Recently I saw a few H&A diamonds and have narrowed down my search to the 3 listed below. Can anyone give any advice on which one is a better gem?Diamond 1
Carat 0.215
Color F
Clarity VVS2
Size (mm) 3.83-3.84X2.40
Table % 53
Depth % 62.6
Crown Angle° 34.5
Crown % 16
Pavilion Angle° 40.8
Pavilion % 42.9
Polish Ideal
Symmetry Ideal
Girdle 1.2-2.5
Culet Pointed
Fluorescence Inert Diamond 2
Carat 0.267
Color F
Clarity VVS2
Size (mm) 4.15-4.16X2.56
Table % 54
Depth % 61.6
Crown Angle° 34.2
Crown % 15.4
Pavilion Angle° 40.7
Pavilion % 42.8
Polish Ideal
Symmetry Ideal
Girdle 1.0-2.2
Culet Pointed
Fluorescence Inert Diamond 3
Carat 0.267
Color F
Clarity VVS1
Size(mm) 4.13-4.15X2.54
Table % 56
Depth % 61.4
Crown Angle° 34.4
Crown % 14.8
Pavilion Angle° 40.8
Pavilion % 42.9
Polish Ideal
Symmetry Ideal
Girdle 1.4-2.2
Culet Pointed
Fluorescence Inert Hope that after some advice, I can decide which gem to go for. Thanks!!! Newbie

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Both of the .267ct stones are better than the first stone. The VVS1 is higher clarity than the VVS2, but they probably would make a very nice pair. If they were both priced the same, I'd select the VVS1 if I had to make a choice sight unseen. Maybe when you do look at each one, you would like the VVS2.Each are going to be just as good as the other for use in a piece of jewelry.Pass on the first stone primarily due to extra depth... Less weight, too.------------------
David Atlas
Accredited Gem Appraisers

tonysgeko

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Olminer, in that part of the world, quality is valued more than quantity? Because isn't vvsi borderline on if? Would there be an emormous difference between vvsi and vs2 or even si1? Help clarify.

Rough_Rock
Thanks oldminer,I am also thinking about getting the F VVS2. The price difference between the 2 0.267 are about US$148. The price is not a major concern but I just wanna know which is better value for money and not compromise on quality.Newbie

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
i cant believe people are cutting and marketin 1/4ct H&A's.
Dave and everyone has given you correct advice. The spread of the bigger stones is the dominent girly issue.
Size does count. Consider 1/3rd ct and SI1 for around the same money?

jamesd

Shiny_Rock
At the VS1 or VS2 clarity grade you arent' going to be able to tell the difference between the grades with your eyes without magnification. Unless you value the grades for some reason, there's not a good reason, IMO, to pay more for one rather than the other.SI1 would be almost the same but you might be able to find something if you have good eyesight and studied carefully. Any of the VS or VVS grades should be fine and an SI1 might let you buy a larger, paler or better cut diamond. Might well be a good trade to make. Your preference rules, of course, but dont' worry about the difference between VVS and VS in that size.

Rough_Rock
Hi Cut Nut,Actually I'm also looking for a bigger gem(my ideal is 1ct, E, VVS1 selling for about... say US$800???? haha... just joking) Well for me, I am looking more on the color (D-F) and the clarity (VVS) of the diamond. I think a 1/3 ct H&A may not be within my budget. But if there are, please do me me know... will consider getting it....Thanks for your info and advice....Newbie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results