shape
carat
color
clarity

Help needed choosing between two Princess cut diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rupert

Rough_Rock
New member, long time lurker. I have narrowed my search for an engagement diamond down to several choices, but wanted to get your opinions on these two.

#1)

Price: $5,579

Carat weight: 1.01

Cut: Very Good

Color: F

Clarity: VS1

Depth %: 74.5%

Table %: 72%

Symmetry: Very good

Polish: Excellent

Girdle: Medium to thick

Culet: None

Fluorescence: None

Measurements: 5.53 x 5.52 x 4.11 mm

Length/width ratio: 1.00

http://www.bluenile.com/diamonds_details.asp?__fun_frm=i&pid=LD00164740&filter_id=0

#2)

Price: $5,691

Carat weight: 1.03

Cut: Very Good

Color: F

Clarity: VS1

Depth %: 70.8%

Table %: 69%

Symmetry: Very good

Polish: Excellent

Girdle: Medium to slightly thick

Culet: None

Fluorescence: None

Measurements: 5.61 x 5.59 x 3.96 mm

Length/width ratio: 1.00

http://www.bluenile.com/diamonds_details.asp?__fun_frm=i&pid=LD00152467&filter_id=0

Just some thoughts: Both are very square. I like that #1 is already laser inscribed, but I realize that it is not a driving factor. Number 2 seems to be shallower and have a slightly lower table percentage (more similar as best I can tell to those in the Blue Nile signature collection), but both seem to fall in an acceptable range according to the Atlas Princess Cut chart on your site. http://diamonds.pricescope.com/fnc1.asp And before I get my lashing, I know that Blue Nile is a little more $ than some of the other sites, but I did make a purchase from them in the past and was impressed with there service though the sale and then through the subsequent return. That peace of mind is worth the little extra $ to me. Any thoughts and opinions will be greatly appreciated (I know this isn't a ton to go on). You run a great site here.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I don't really have a problem with Blue Nile, they just seem more expensive than some of the other internet vendors and they don't provide as much information to help you make an informed decision. Neither of these stones looks bad from what you've posted, but if I were buying from Blue Nile I would want one of their ideal cut stones instead of a very good cut. The good news is that I understand that they have a good return policy and with princess cuts I think it is important to view the stones in person. My personal preference between the two would be the second one as I prefer the smaller table.

Rupert

Rough_Rock
The one that you pointed out looks good. After researching a little bit, I like that it has an AGSL report. They really do seem to have more info on them... especially the light performance specs. I am a little concerned with the placement of the inclusions vs the others, however. At a VS2 is this going to be an issue? Does the better cut negate the drop from VS1 to VS2?
26.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You could ask BN to do a visual check if it''s eye-clean. Most VS2s are.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results