shape
carat
color
clarity

Help Need!! Problem With A Vendor

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am so embarrassed to write this post. I have paid a vendor to cut some stones for me. I have spent around $3000 on the stones. The oldest stone I have ordered from him is on Mar 2, 2018. I have sent him a rough Mahenge garnet to be cut. The garnet is already cut but I have not received the stone. I have sent him several messages asking the stones. He just doesn't reply any of my recent messages. All the transactions are over 180 days. Some are paid through Paypal friend because I thought his price is reasonable and to keep his cost low. Actually, I have to pay more through Paypal friend because I am not from the States. I have asked a friendly PSer vendor to pass him the messages for me in case he misses my messages. He still doesn't response any of my recent messages. Now I just want to have refund for the stones and my Mahenge garnet back. What should I do now? Thank you in advance.

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry this has happened to you. If you used your credit card to pay with PayPal friends and family, the credit card company might be able to help you with a chargeback. Do you feel comfortable naming the vendor? It’s possible someone here would be able to give you more info about the vendor, or be able to reach out to them.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate when this happens, and I'm sorry it happened to you.

For transactions I NEVER send via paypal friend and family. Even if I happen to be familiar with the person, do to do negates the protections you'd have otherwise.

Does this person have other social media? that might be the only other way to go.

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry this has happened to you. If you used your credit card to pay with PayPal friends and family, the credit card company might be able to help you with a chargeback. Do you feel comfortable naming the vendor? It’s possible someone here would be able to give you more info about the vendor, or be able to reach out to them.

Thank you for your suggestion. I have not tried to ask the credit card company to dispute. I will call them to find out. I have asked a nice PSer vendor to help me contact him but no reply from him. His name is Abraham Gomez on Facebook. He has some communication problems with other PSers. He also has an account on Loupe Troop that I discovered recently.

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I hate when this happens, and I'm sorry it happened to you.

For transactions I NEVER send via paypal friend and family. Even if I happen to be familiar with the person, do to do negates the protections you'd have otherwise.

Does this person have other social media? that might be the only other way to go.

I used to communicate with him via Instagram. But now he prefers Facebook messager. His Instagram account has not been active for a long time.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your suggestion. I have not tried to ask the credit card company to dispute. I will call them to find out. I have asked a nice PSer vendor to help me contact him but no reply from him. His name is Abraham Gomez on Facebook. He has some communication problems with other PSers. He also has an account on Loupe Troop that I discovered recently.
Yup, I also had this problem with him and filed a dispute. File a CC dispute. His communication skills are atrocious and I find him completely unprofessional. Despite his talent I would NEVER work with him again. Ever.

I told him I was filing a PP dispute and then magically my stones appeared. :x2:x2:x2:x2:x2

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also contact Joe Henley. Joe has him featured as a vendor on his website, which I think is a huge mistake. I would definitely go through Joe and express your disappointment.

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Also contact Joe Henley. Joe has him featured as a vendor on his website, which I think is a huge mistake. I would definitely go through Joe and express your disappointment.
I am not a friend with Joe although I have bought some roughs from him. I have contacted Abraham through a nice PSer.

Last edited:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not a friend with Joe although I have bought some roughs from him. I am contact him through a nice PSer.
I have spoken to Joe a few times and think he's outstanding. I just wrote him about this (my experience and this one, since it's now at least 2-3 of us who have dealt with this nonsense).

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I
Yup, I also had this problem with him and filed a dispute. File a CC dispute. His communication skills are atrocious and I find him completely unprofessional. Despite his talent I would NEVER work with him again. Ever.

I told him I was filing a PP dispute and then magically my stones appeared. :x2:x2:x2:x2:x2
It is good that you got all your stones at the end. I believe I have been patient. I always told him show me the faceting design before cutting a stone I want to make sure I want the stone cut in the way I want. One stone I sent him back for recut because he misunderstood what I want.

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yup, I also had this problem with him and filed a dispute.
Eug - Your story came to mind when I started reading this thread and wondered if it was the same person.

shinyrocks

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Uuugh. I hate to hear that you're going through this. I agree with the others. I would reach out to Joe Henley, since it sounds like he is promoting him. Might be the best way to get some leverage and at least get your stone back. I wonder if these cutters are buying their uncut stones from Joe, and he in turn gives them some exposure?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any updates? Did you contact your CC company?

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Update: He has already contacted me. He has done the refund. But there is a currency loss on my PayPal account. I will refund him the money and he will send the money again. Thank you for everyone's help.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sometimes if there is a currency loss it's bank transaction fees if it came out of an account, credit card fees of it came off a card and Paypal fees in general. If payment was made from a non US account there is also currency conversion fees. I use Paypal regularly I've been charged just about every fee under the sun from them...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope you'll able to get everything squared away fairly.

I know we try to be accommodating and understanding of vendors but in the end, it's still a commercial transaction and we should always protect ourselves financially first and foremost.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm happy to hear you have some movement on this. Are you now just waiting on your stone?

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes. He has already shipped out the stone. Thank you.
@pwsg07 did you finally receive your stone and/or refund? I just want to follow up on this thread.
-C4C

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you got a resolution- but very sorry you had to go through this. Your thread is in the nick of time for me. I was going to purchase an Etsy item from him but now have changed my mind.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you got a resolution- but very sorry you had to go through this. Your thread is in the nick of time for me. I was going to purchase an Etsy item from him but now have changed my mind.
Absolutely do NOT buy anything from him. Joe Henley removed him from the "vendor spotlight" too.

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@pwsg07 did you finally receive your stone and/or refund? I just want to follow up on this thread.
-C4C

Thank you for asking. I got my full refund. The vendor shipped out the stone and the stone is stuck in the post office somewhere. There is no tracking for the parcel. Only the custom number. Current update is July 16. I called the USPS and they said I have to go to a local post office in Canada to do a search for the parcel. I did a search last time maybe I should go to the post office again.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results