shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! Need ideas for earrings!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
I thought I designed the best earrings... but jeweler does not want to put bezel around the tanzanite for fear of chipping when they hammer the bezel on. They also said it will be very heavy earrings with white gold bezel... think lighter with prongs.

Here is my sketch of original idea. Any ideas to modify?

colored stone earrings 1.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty design. I think you''d like the stones mounted in simple basket settings. You''d get more sparkle out of the stones from different angles and it would proabably be lighter. Do you have the stones already? Going down to slightly smaller stones would make the earrings less heavy. I would probably have these put on leverbacks; I worry about wires falling out of my ear. I can''t wait to see the finished earrings.

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
Yes- they will be on leverbacks... i just can not draw! I already have the stones and had my heart set on thin bezels.
emcrook.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2007 6:54:19 PM
Author: Green with Envy
Yes- they will be on leverbacks... i just can not draw! I already have the stones and had my heart set on thin bezels.
emcrook.gif
Well, I wouldn't chance it if the jeweler is nervous about them chipping unless it won't bother you if they do or you have back up stones. I bet they would look beautiful in prongs but same shapes.

MrYoung

Rough_Rock
G w/E,

I agree, it would be difficult to set Tanzanites in bezels without chipping them. The stones will also be less protected and prone to chipping if they DONT have a bezel.

What about a half bezel? They should be easier to set and they offer more protection then the baskets. Tanzanites are soft stones and I have local jewelers that wont work with them, but will work with opals. It seems they have a rap for chipping and scratching.

Good luck.

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
I agree not really psyched about baskets... I have a connection in NYC with a guy who sets tanzanite all the time so I am going to see if he can put together.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Green did you get your stones set?
31.gif
I love tanzanite!

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
Not yet... I am avoiding the holiday rush. Waiting for a quote from NYC guy who works with tanzanite often. Here is example of setting.... but color of tanzanite on bottom is not blue like pic... but very purple. Plus... the links between stones will not be as obvious.

colored earring.png

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2007 12:02:21 AM
Author: Green with Envy
Not yet... I am avoiding the holiday rush. Waiting for a quote from NYC guy who works with tanzanite often. Here is example of setting.... but color of tanzanite on bottom is not blue like pic... but very purple. Plus... the links between stones will not be as obvious.
Wow, that is gorgeous. Will there be diamonds between the stones like in the pic? Are they both going to be white or one pink like the pic?

BTW, what is in your avatar?

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
Diamond at top.. then red, pink, purple.

Crap. you can not tell what my ava. is??? It is me with my Bf giving a cheers to the holidays! JK. It is from sopranos--- Carmela''s jewelry cracks me up. I was her for halloween and wore all this gold... it was hysterical.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results