shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! Need help identifying age of Russian gold ring !!

zarinadelestre

Rough_Rock
Hello!
I am writing because I need some help identifying the age of a ring that my boyfriend’s grandmother so so kindly gave me. I would love to know more about it’s history before I get it resized to fit me.
My boyfriend is Polish and his grandmother was born in Russia. I have so far gathered that the ring is Russian for what I could research but I am in dire need of help as my level of communication in Polish is extremely poor and my boyfriend has no knowledge of jewellery:)
The ring has two stamps in the out side of the band, on the left :
“26r” (however this “2” may be a “z”?).
On the right:
“583” (with a head stamp looking left wearing a hat with a brim I assume).
On top of the “583” is the letter “z”.
The inside of the band has printed a small “9” and a distance to the right is printed “6”.
Any help would be greatly appreciated I am so lost on where to look for this information!x

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
583 would be 14k gold.

This link provides some information about the Russian hallmarking system. This site is specific to silver, but usually a country will use the same year, city, etc. symbols for all precious metals, so this might give you a starting point.

Lucia88

Rough_Rock
I need a photo of the ring. Sample 583 was used during the Soviet era. Now it is 585 sample. Yes, it is 14 carat gold. The remaining designations are most likely the name of the manufacturer

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results