shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! Need help finding band to fit with awkward setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tjs

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

My fiance is having a hard time selecting a wedding band. I attached a picture of the engagement ring that is causing the problem. It is Whiteflash''s Legato Sleek Line Solitaire.

So the problem is, the band tapers inward near the setting on both sides (see green arrows in pic). So when she tries on wedding bands, there is a gap between the band and the ring at those points.

Any recommendations on how to address this? Or any wedding bands (platinum) you''ve seen out there that would work well?

Thanks

ringquestion.jpg

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I''d recommend getting a band custom made if she hates having any kind of gap. With that setting, most of the ladies I have seen here that have it just live with the gap.

My other suggestion would be a chevron band, point-in. You''d have to try some of these on and look for one with a subtle point so that it doesn''t stick out too far.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Just a thought: if the "gap" created by the taper is filled by the wedding band, it will probably reduce the illusion of size that the taper creates. I don''t know if this is important to you and your fiancee.

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
Do you want the band to be noticeable, or just exist?
If you don''t care about it being noticeable, what about a custom shadow band? That would follow the nice lines, and be there but not the center of attention.
Otherwise, have you looked at any 5 or 7 stone bands? If you''re going to have a gap, at least it can sparkle! :)
Most ladies just have to live with the gap
7.gif
I know my solstice doesn''t sit flush with my diamond and sapphire band, but hey, you get used to it :D

tjs

Rough_Rock
Wow thanks for all the tips and advice everyone! Ill take all this back to my fiance and discuss options with her.
We''ll definitely look into multi-stone bands to complement the solitaire. And I never thought about the fact that closing the gap will remove the taper, which I believe she liked in the first place. ;-)

Thanks again. I''ll post updates as we get them (may be some time since in the midst of all other wedding planning :) )

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results