shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! Need creative suggestions for basket!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

justginger

Ideal_Rock
I think Leon is just about sick of me.
20.gif
I''m sick of myself! I''ve changed my mind, waffling back and forth about my setting. I''d love someone to throw out an idea or two, just for new input - my partner and I have gotten to the point that we''re just staring at each other, then staring at the computer screen simultaneously (of course, My Documents with about a bajillion pictures of rings saved), and then staring at each other.

The issue is -- I want Reena''s ring (who doesn''t?). However, I want it to be Ginger''s ring. I don''t want it to be EXACTLY the same, because I find that distasteful. I want the halo to be the same, the prongs to be the same, the shank to be a bit narrower -- but personalizing the basket is what is important. The last idea I''ve given Leon is to have very curved stems, forming a U shape, with a fleur-de-lis set in the middle. I just don''t know if that''s *right* though.
15.gif

Does anyone have any suggestions of how to modify the basket to keep it delicate and feminine (I prefer rounded shapes to hard angles)? Please? I''ll listen to anything! In order for things to be on track time-wise, I really need to finalize the work order by the end of the week.
32.gif

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Tell him to surpise you with a couple ideas. Afterall, he is an artist and designer.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Ginger- I am in the exact same spot as you! I have contacted Leon for two rings the Heidy and also the 313 Ashly which is similar without the halo. I cant
decide. It is hard to pick a ring when you want to love it forever. I wouldnt worry about it being the exact same ring as Reena''s. You will never see another
like it in real life. I know there is another girl on PS who had one made and it is a little different from Reena''s. The shank doesnt start from the top of the
halo but from the bottom.

If you love the heidy, get the heidy, dont change it. Dont worry it will be your ring. Is your stone a cushion also? Maybe have Leon engrave the inside of the
band or put a little stone in it. If you make changes that you dont totally love you may not be happy with it later. Just my 2 cents.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As for changes in the basket, if that is what you want to change, how bout having Leon pave the bottom edge or maybe putting a colored stone to represent each of you, one on each side. I love the curves also and like them better than straight lines. cant wait to see what you come up with. Have no doubt, it will be your
ring, even if you decide not to make any changes. How many people do you know who can actually have a Leon?

H

hlpkaixin3344

can you post some pictures of the design elements you''re working with? I remember her basket and if I am remembering correctly it was like little bubbles (diamonds) in a pattern and you want a different pattern?

H

hlpkaixin3344

Why is my post "anonymous user"? I ''reported'' myself to send admin a note... did I put myself on probation? lol This is cehrabehra btw

justginger

Ideal_Rock

I appreciate the responses -- and Cehra, I don''t know how you''ve managed to become anonymous! You don''t have a very anonymous personality, if that makes you feel any better.

28.gif

luv, you''re right about making changes for the sake of making changes. I''m sure down the line there''s a good chance I''ll think, ''the original was nicer"! And you''re also right about no one else having the same thing -- except on PS, of course. I just don''t want to be the idiot that posts, "I LOVE MY NEW RING!!" and everyone thinks, "Hmm...that looks familiar...copycat!"

38.gif
Then again, I guess Reena wasn''t the original either - though her''s looks substancially different than the original sapphire Heidy.

Cehra, the profile photo of Reena''s ring is attached (it''s all of them actually, when I tried to save them from another thread they were all stuck together!). I guess I''m trying to find a way to make the bubbles more "fluid," IYKWIM. Maybe more of a scalloped look instead of straight Vs? I''m simply not sure that''s possible on such a limited amount of space. My cushion is a quarter carat smaller than her''s was. The last suggestion I thought of, like I said before, was to have stems that form a U across the entire profile of the basket, instead of the individual Vs.

Maybe Charmy is right - I should just tell Leon to sort it out for me. I have yet to see anything he''s done that I don''t love.

3.gif

Any ideas for making it a bit more rounded and curvy?

reenasvprofile.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
hi :) Do you have any other clearer pics of that basket? Because the really blurry one that is face on looks like there are curves there... but the side one looks like a v... is it a combo of the two? The only thing I can think of is to have it look like a flower or something - a heart if you''re into that. I dunno. Not a lot of different line options but I totally get the draping thing, I''ve liked that look a long time but don''t think I''ve ever seen it in melee before. I''m with everyone else - ask leon... he has been playing with those things a long time and might have ideas for an innovative new pattern that is all you :)

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
I agree -- let Leon have the final word. I bet you'd LOVE it!

(PS Cehra, you're back! That was pretty funny, Ms. Anoymous User!!!
33.gif
9.gif
)

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reena had a thread I just found today called ''The Battle of the Bezels''. I it there is a shot of the original heidy with a round stone. It looks very different from
reenas. Why dont you have him do a scallop instead of a V. That would give you the soft curve you love.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
what if you did the basket similarly but without the diamonds? (plus it would be a bit less maintenance/worry for pave)....
It''s a gorgeous setting!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results