shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! Need Advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

am470

Rough_Rock
I am interested in purchasing 3 round stones to be set in an engagement ring. The center will be 1.5, and the two sides will each be .75 each. Therefore, the total weight will be 3 carats. How do you think that will look? We decided on a H and SI. We are buying it from a client who is a very well known jeweler. I think we are getting a wholesale price (about $15,000). Does that sound right? I am certain that this guy will be getting us the best diamonds in terms of our specifications. But I really want the ring to look HUGE! Should I assume that it will look big considering that it will probably be an ideal cut? Or should I tell him that the perceived size is important? Would he then look for diamonds with a larger table?

Help!

justme

Shiny_Rock
am470-

Overall, yes it will probably look like a HUGE ring with those proportions.

If you really want HUGE look just invest all $ in a single 3 carat.

You can get diamonds that have a large spread (shallow with a large table & low crown) and then it will look really HUGE - might not sparkle and shine but it'll look HUGE.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results