shape
carat
color
clarity

Help!! narrowed down my search to 3 stones - help me decide!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

isthree00

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone,
Well after a bad experience with the DD in NYC, I have started my search over. It''s been night and day different than dealing with a pushy new yorker and I can''t emphasize how comforting that is when making a purchase of this magnitude. I have decided to go with WhiteFlash for my purchase and have narrowed my choices down to three stones.

STONE 1:
Shape A Cut Above H&A
Carat 1.694
Color I
Clarity SI2
Measurements (mm) 7.72-7.77x4.70
Table % 56
Depth % 60.7
Crown Angle ° 34.6
Crown % 15.2
Pavilion Angle ° 40.7
Pavilion % 42.9
Polish Ideal
Symmetry Ideal
Girdle 0.9%-1.4%
Culet Pointed
Fluorescence Negligible
di_AGS-4208501.jpg

STONE 2:
Shape A Cut Above H&A
Carat 1.536
Color I
Clarity SI1
Measurements (mm) 7.50-7.52x4.57
Table % 55
Depth % 60.9
Crown Angle ° 34.9
Crown % 15.4
Pavilion Angle ° 40.9
Pavilion % 43.1
Polish Ideal
Symmetry Ideal
Girdle 1.2% to 1.7%
Culet Pointed
Fluorescence Inert
di_AGS-3288607.jpg

STONE 3:
Shape A Cut Above H&A
Carat 1.584
Color I
Clarity SI1
Measurements (mm) 7.58-7.59 x 4.6
Table % 55
Depth % 60.6
Crown Angle ° 34.7
Crown % 15.4
Pavilion Angle ° 40.8
Pavilion % 43
Polish Ideal
Symmetry Ideal
Girdle Thin to Medium 1.2% to 1.7%
Culet Pointed
Fluorescence Negligible
di_AGS-3801908.jpg

All stones are similarly priced. The SI2 stone is eye clean and has "twining wisps"? Not really sure what those are. Anyway, whatever stone I choose will be set in a knife edge 6 prong tiffany style solitaire platinum setting (custom - can''t find anything good enough that''s mass produced). My to be is 5'' 6", about 130lbs and has a 5.5 size ring finger. What do you think? What stone would you choose??

Thanks!
appl.gif

Arlington

Shiny_Rock
I'm not an expert, so I can't really comment. All three seem to be great choices to me.

I am curious as to what your bad experience was in the Diamond District. Care you elaborate? It may help some of your fellow shoppers out here.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Wow! These are all sooooooooooooo beautiful!!!! Based on the data you provided, I'd choose the 1.694 I/SI 2... It looks fairly clean and usually twinning wisps are more difficult to see than crystals. Proportions are absolutely great on all stones, and this particular one scores a great 0.9 EX/EX/EX/VG on the HCA. Plus, it is the largest.
1.gif

isthree00

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 9/17/2003 10:58:10 AM Giangi wrote:

Wow! These are all sooooooooooooo beautiful!!!! Based on the data you provided, I'd choose the 1.694 I/SI 2... It looks fairly clean and usually twinning wisps are more difficult to see than crystals. Proportions are absolutely great on all stones, and this particular one scores a great 0.9 EX/EX/EX/VG on the HCA. Plus, it is the largest.
1.gif

----------------

Thanks Giangi! I think they are all beautiful too. . . just trying to figure out which one to choose!

Arlington - as far as the DD saga. . . i bought a stone over the phone from a referral from a good friend. The salesperson told me i had 30 days for a full money back refund (i explicitly asked because he was being so pushy). Well i got the stone and am not satisfied. It's not very good quality - it's a "bluff" stone which is not what I want. So i call and he said he can't do anything - the only way i can get my money back is if it appraises for less than i bought it for. SO i then asked about upgrading. he said to upgrade i must come into the store (i live in St. Louis, MO) and that they won't upgrade over the phone. All in all, very frustrating. I was fooled and bought under false pretense. It's over now thankfully but that was the drama. My advice: STAY AWAY FROM THE DD IN NYC
Up_to_something.gif

Mikesgirl

Shiny_Rock
I agree with Giangi. All three are 1A by AGA standards, the first is a .9 HCA (though 1.1 and 1.3 respectively are awesome too). How do you choose? It's very personal. A tad more size is nice and it does look like the best cut of the three.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results