shape
carat
color
clarity

Help my mom spend $10k on diamond earrings! Inspo pics requested!

Hi all, my mom has gotten a $10k (USD) budget from my dad for her birthday present thing year and she would like long diamond earrings! We live in india so it’s not feasible to purchase earrings from a US based jeweler but would love some inspo pics that we can work with our jeweler on to make something nice. She already has diamond studs so she wants long statement earrings that can be worn for black tie events (min earring length around 3 inches, no coloured stones or pearls).

Would love to see what you find!

Maybe something like this, but with larger diamonds?!

These are pretty, but I think they may be too delicate for her, even with bigger diamonds. I see these more as delicate daily type earrings, and she would like earrings she could wear to black tie events. Thank you for the suggestion, though! I'd love to see any other ideas you might have.

Side note - Wow, that price! You'd be able to get something like this for under $750, easy (going with 18kt gold and the original diamond size). I know Tiffany is expensive, but this boggles the mind :D

But you gave me an idea - I saw some pretty bezel set earrings on 1st dibs when I was browsing for ideas - these were diamond and pink sapphire, but we could always do them in just diamonds. And perhaps prong set instead of bezel. Attaching the eye candy for fun :)

What do you think of these?
Screenshot 2023-06-09 at 5.49.04 PM.png

anon34985

Shiny_Rock
These are pretty, but I think they may be too delicate for her, even with bigger diamonds. I see these more as delicate daily type earrings, and she would like earrings she could wear to black tie events. Thank you for the suggestion, though! I'd love to see any other ideas you might have.

Side note - Wow, that price! You'd be able to get something like this for under $750, easy (going with 18kt gold and the original diamond size). I know Tiffany is expensive, but this boggles the mind :D

But you gave me an idea - I saw some pretty bezel set earrings on 1st dibs when I was browsing for ideas - these were diamond and pink sapphire, but we could always do them in just diamonds. And perhaps prong set instead of bezel. Attaching the eye candy for fun :)

oh my! those are amazing, and now I understand the wow factor you're looking for.

We are back to the drawing board! I showed them to my mom and she said we should keep looking. We’ve hit the brief in terms of the level of formality / wow factor; and she definitely wants an earring which is a collection of small stones put together (5-10ish pointers is good), but she doesn’t like bezels at all, and thinks that rows of small round diamonds look a little “boring” - either we need to go multi shape diamonds, or zhuzh up the design a bit. Any suggestions?

HockeyMama

Shiny_Rock
Som kind of chandelier earring? I love these, vintage Tiffany, very art deco. I love the geomtery. Does she prefer a floral look? If you know the vibe you can google that with chandelier and likely get closer. I also googled "multi shape diamond chandelier earrings" and there are so many pretty designs!

Screen Shot 2023-06-09 at 11.49.12 AM.png

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock

Ahhh!! This brings back memories of when I first started my fine jewellery obsession, and tried on high jewellery for the first time.

I believe these are the VCA Palmyre (or inspired heavily by them - VCA did a version with pink sapphire and also blue sapphire but I don’t think they’re available anymore OR you have to ask your SA).

They are honestly so SO beautiful. I was mesmerised by the way the bezelled diamonds dance as you move.

I had to trawl through 7 years of photo archives, but here is a modelling shot. This was before phones had lots of memory and I was mindful of taking videos in case they took up too much space (hah! It would’ve been so worth it!).

Bring back v good memories - thank you for posting it!

Btw I think the 1stdibs listing has the earrings the wrong way round. If you look on the VCA website it also shows the longest strand being closest to the face

894E03E7-7FA5-4DE9-908A-0B8DBAD533FB.jpeg
B27E8756-FEE8-4CAD-90DA-FFBC5B9E2BA1.jpeg

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
What about a pared down version of the Grenville chandelier earrings? :love:

Som kind of chandelier earring? I love these, vintage Tiffany, very art deco. I love the geomtery. Does she prefer a floral look? If you know the vibe you can google that with chandelier and likely get closer. I also googled "multi shape diamond chandelier earrings" and there are so many pretty designs!

Screen Shot 2023-06-09 at 11.49.12 AM.png

These are pretty! I think she would prefer the art deco or geometric style versus something floral. We could also perhaps adapt these to be different diamond shapes. But they look less “full” compared to the Palmyre that @Pomelo posted. I think I’ll Google the keywords you suggested and try and get closer!

Ahhh!! This brings back memories of when I first started my fine jewellery obsession, and tried on high jewellery for the first time.

I believe these are the VCA Palmyre (or inspired heavily by them - VCA did a version with pink sapphire and also blue sapphire but I don’t think they’re available anymore OR you have to ask your SA).

They are honestly so SO beautiful. I was mesmerised by the way the bezelled diamonds dance as you move.

I had to trawl through 7 years of photo archives, but here is a modelling shot. This was before phones had lots of memory and I was mindful of taking videos in case they took up too much space (hah! It would’ve been so worth it!).

Bring back v good memories - thank you for posting it!

Btw I think the 1stdibs listing has the earrings the wrong way round. If you look on the VCA website it also shows the longest strand being closest to the face

894E03E7-7FA5-4DE9-908A-0B8DBAD533FB.jpeg
B27E8756-FEE8-4CAD-90DA-FFBC5B9E2BA1.jpeg

Thank you so so much for posting the modelling shot!! I don’t remember who the jeweler was for the 1stdibs earrings but it does look super similar to these!

I like how delicate the shape is while still looking substantial. And the longer strand being closer to the face looks really pretty. Perhaps this can be adapted to be a multiple shape design, or maybe instead of rounds we could do a different shape like pears or ovals; since she didn’t want just the rounds. But I’m going to show her the modelling pic too! They really look lovely while worn!

It's hard not knowing what your mom's other jewelry looks like, or her style, but take a look through sotheby's they have some amazing items!

Thank you for the link! I went through the chandelier earrings on the Sotheby’s list and found these, that I absolutely love: https://www.sothebys.com/en/buy/pdp...ite-gold-and-diamond-chandelier-earrings-3f35

(Pic attached for those who don’t want to open the link)

A54382EE-C701-4224-BD58-22ABCEDEFB7A.jpeg

Something that curves up the ear as well as dangles would be cool:
1686341519134.png

The curve idea is really cool! A bit edgy as well. I think she might like multiple strands as that looks more dramatic and eye catching but we could adapt something like this to a multi-strand design. I think she would absolutely love that.

What about a pared down version of the Grenville chandelier earrings? :love:

Oh my! Those are STUUUUNNINGGGG. I want these!!! I wonder how small we could go while still maintaining the sort of showstopper look, since the actual earrings feature some whoppers.

If it doesn’t work for my mom’s budget/earrings I will save this to my Pinterest folder and perhaps someday chase a version of these for myself…

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
I just came back from a very classy Indian wedding in Dubai last weekend - it gave me an idea of what you might be looking for. Got to love a chandelier.

I wish you could see the huge range of these types of earrings in the gold and diamond park here. It would keep you and your mum busy for an entire day. The wedding sets are to die for.

I just came back from a very classy Indian wedding in Dubai last weekend - it gave me an idea of what you might be looking for. Got to love a chandelier.

I wish you could see the huge range of these types of earrings in the gold and diamond park here. It would keep you and your mum busy for an entire day. The wedding sets are to die for.

More is definitely more this side of the world. I think Dubai might even have india beat, though. I didn’t have the words to explain what I wanted but you totally got it.

Next time I’m in Dubai I’m going to go mad exploring! Unfortunately never made it to the gold and diamond park but I have definitely have left many a drool mark at the windows of the various stores in Dubai mall etc. I remember seeing this STUNNING pair in the window of Graff (I think) many years ago that lived rent free in my brain for years. My mom eventually got an adapted/inspired by (and scaled down, lol) version made for herself that she will pass down to me for my wedding.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
The curve idea is really cool! A bit edgy as well. I think she might like multiple strands as that looks more dramatic and eye catching but we could adapt something like this to a multi-strand design. I think she would absolutely love that.

Oh my! Those are STUUUUNNINGGGG. I want these!!! I wonder how small we could go while still maintaining the sort of showstopper look, since the actual earrings feature some whoppers.

If it doesn’t work for my mom’s budget/earrings I will save this to my Pinterest folder and perhaps someday chase a version of these for myself…

I would love a pair of lightweight earring similar to those. I love them so much!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results