shape
carat
color
clarity

Help Me

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Manish

Rough_Rock
Hi, I have 12 pieces (0.9 carat wt for all 12) of round diamonds, which i bought 3 years back from one of my friend in India around $1000. I don''t have any certificate for these diamonds. I have to sell these diamonds; can i get all these diamonds certified individually or all together? Is there need for certification for these diamonds? Please advise me how to get cash from these diamonds. I have not approached any jeweler yet. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Manish
1.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
In all honesty you won't get much for them at all. And diamonds that small are never really certed. I would save them if I were you to put onto jewelry later...it wouldn't be worth it to you to sell them IMO.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
No certs what so ever? Then you will have no way of proving it is compliant with the Kimberly process, I don''t think anyone would want to touch them if that is the case.

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
Are they all of similar size? You might want to make a nice piece of jewelry from them and then perhaps sell the finished jewelery on eBay. If it is attractive enough, you might just be able to sell it at the right price and get back your initial $1000 and the $ you put into the jewelry setting+design.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m not sure I would make a piece just to sell it, because with the cost of making it and then selling it on ebay, I''m not sure you would make a profit.

I would make something beautiful and give it to someone you love.

Diamond Explorer

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/5/2009 4:09:48 PM
Author: kcoursolle
I''m not sure I would make a piece just to sell it, because with the cost of making it and then selling it on ebay, I''m not sure you would make a profit.

I would make something beautiful and give it to someone you love.

I think this may be your only course of action.

The Ebay route could end up costing you more money unless you are a goldsmith yourself, and without any papers no legit dealer would want to buy them. Anyone who would purchase them, wouldn''t pay more than a few hundred if that.

Manish

Rough_Rock
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. What kind of papers a buyer ask for? Can i get certificate (GIA) for these diamonds?

Thanks!!

Manish

Manish

Rough_Rock
Please advise me Is it possible to get certificate (GIA) for these diamonds? if not any way to get appraisal for these diamonds...

Manish

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/6/2009 12:47:48 PM
Author: Manish
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. What kind of papers a buyer ask for? Can i get certificate (GIA) for these diamonds?

Thanks!!

Manish
If these are polished diamonds you won't need paperwork to sell them.

It sounds like you are saying the total weight of all 12 is 0.90 cts. If so it implies very small stones; 0.07-0.08 cts apiece. It wouldn't be cost-effective to have them graded and 0.15 is the smallest GIA would accept in any case.

It's possible that the time an appraiser would require to give you feedback may cost more than you will be offered. If you have a few places interested in buying loose melee I suggest you ask for bids, compare them, and take the best one.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results