shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me with your elite evaluation skills

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

impyshaz

Rough_Rock
I''m looking for diamonds for an engagement ring, I don''t want to put in too many details here because although my girlfriend knows I post here, probably knows this is my screen name, she can just bite her nails to the "details" of what my final decision will be.

I would like something at the 6mm range (give or take .1mm)
I also am looking for something anywhere between:
F-I Color
VVS1-VS2(Eye clean, no feathering near edges b/c of tension setting)
Cut: Ideal / Excellent, Hearts & Arrows preffered.
I prefer the AGS reports or new GIA where I can see any inclusions in the diamond via the report as many of the "magnified" pictures don''t let me see what is in there. I''m picky, I''ll admit, but over the internet I think its safest to be so.

Budget somewhere between 3400-4200 preferrably in the middle around 3800, but I''m workable either way.

What do you guys think of this diamond?
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/2723/
...why is the report so old (1996) if I think this is a good diamond. Do diamonds usually hang around that long to be sold, or is it possibly a new aquisition?

Finding_Neverland

Shiny_Rock
When I went to the GOG website, I saw an AGS Cert from 2001. But that really doesn''t mean anything. You can ask the folks at GOG and they will tell you why the Cert is older.

Garry Holloway did a Webinar a week or so ago about the Diamond Pipeline. There''s quite an amount of diamonds, polished goods, that are just sitting in vaults. Haven''t been sold. Could be this diamond has been sitting in a vault somewhere, waiting for someone to come along and buy it. The folks at GOG had an opportunity to grab this one and did.

There''s certainly nothing wrong with the diamond. Looks like a good one.

Why not call GOG and talk to them about it. GOG has a very good reputation here.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that diamond! H VS was my target range for a ring and earring stones. I think that is a great choice (and if you are interested, you might want to reserve it because diamonds recommended on here do have a way of disappearing when lurkers read the recommendations!!!) But Good Old Gold is a great company...I bought a beautiful diamond from them a few months ago!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
She''s a keeper! Great specs and I love the H/VS2 combo for tension settings, good balance of value/quality/price...and still white enough to be in a setting with the side exposed. I also really like this size of carat weight for a tension setting.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thritto everyone, nice pick!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

impyshaz

Rough_Rock
Well, thank you all very much for your opinions. I am still thinking it over, but I will probably make the next step and contact GOG about the stone soon. See what they think about the stone sitting in a tension setting and the rest of the questions I have about it.

This place is such a great help, thanks again :)

P.S. Keep up the good work.

avlis

Shiny_Rock
BTW, ask them to do a helium scan of that diamond while you are at it. it is a pretty cool thing. I got my stone from GoG, i worked with Tim and Marie, they were both great.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results