shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me with this ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

csj

Rough_Rock
This is a .6ct weight white gold band with a 1.23ct Princess Cut.

I'm concerned with the rounds in the channels and having a large princess.

In the image the crown is for a round so we just set it in there.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm confused. what, exactly, do you want to know?

csj

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/11/2007 11:27:17 PM
Author: JulieN
I''m confused. what, exactly, do you want to know?
Just curious as to peoples opinions on the setting and the diamond, etc.

The spec on that stone were:

5.76 x 5.68 x 4.41mm
1.23ct
Depth: 77.6%
Table: 70.0%
Girdle: Medium
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Good
Clarity: SI2
Color: F
Fluorescence: None

csj

Rough_Rock
Anyone have any opinions?

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
Why are you concerned about the channel set round diamonds?

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Have you purchased the ring? Or just looking?

csj

Rough_Rock
I think that I''m going to have the channels set with Princess cuts instead of rounds as I think it may look a little bit odd with a Princess with Round sides.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everyone's just being nice by not saying anything.
3.gif

You can successfully pair round melee and a princess center, and sparklier than princess melee. But not like that.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Honest opinion? I don''t think this is the style that most people here on PS like. But if YOU love it that is what is important.

csj

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 6:52:23 PM
Author: neatfreak
Honest opinion? I don''t think this is the style that most people here on PS like. But if YOU love it that is what is important.
What is the style that most people here like?

We are really feeling a Cathedral Setting with channel sets.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Styles here tend towards elegant/graceful/classical, or baroque/antique, or contemporary/architectural.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well...we all like various styles obviously, but people here seem to tend to the either more unique/custom, delicate, or very classic looks.

But this ring in particular kind of reminds me of something from Kay''s or another mall jewelry store and is just not something that looks like a quality setting.

No one would want to tell you this if you had already bought it and love it because what is really most important is that YOU love it. That''s why someone asked if you were going to buy it or already had it.

Sorry, I don''t mean to be mean, but it is just my opinion on it.

csj

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 6:58:11 PM
the double channel, chunky style, and non-integrated head. Styles here tend towards elegance/graceful/classical, or baroque/antique, or contemporary/architectural.
Maybe I'm in the wrong place then
7.gif

I figured if anyone could help me it would be the PriceScope forums.

csj

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 6:58:45 PM
Well...we all like various styles obviously, but people here seem to tend to the either more unique/custom, delicate, or very classic looks.

But this ring in particular kind of reminds me of something from Kay''s or another mall jewelry store and is just not something that looks like a quality setting.

No one would want to tell you this if you had already bought it and love it because what is really most important is that YOU love it. That''s why someone asked if you were going to buy it or already had it.

Sorry, I don''t mean to be mean, but it is just my opinion on it.

That''s perfectly fine, fortunately I''m anti-mall jewelery stores. We aren''t huge fans of the vintage look, and don''t want a solitare.

It is something that I''m looking at purchasing and that she does like.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stylistically, as long as YOU love it, does it matter what anyone else thinks? We''re not wearing it.
35.gif

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
We''d be happy to give your our opinions, but everyone''s opinion is different. Your style is unique and all that matters is if you like it.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 7:01:03 PM
Stylistically, as long as YOU love it, does it matter what anyone else thinks? We''re not wearing it.
35.gif

EXACTLY. But if you want honest opinions, we''ll give them to you. As long as SHE likes it that is the important thing as I have said already.

csj

Rough_Rock
I''d love to see some setting recommendations.

I''ve looked through a lot of sites, ones that are recommended here and I don''t really like any.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you and your g/f love this setting then you should buy it. Your opinions are the most important thing here.
1.gif

csj

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 7:54:21 PM
Author: Maisie
If you and your g/f love this setting then you should buy it. Your opinions are the most important thing here.
1.gif
Well maybe I haven''t seen enough GOOD settings.

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 6:55:13 PM
Author: csj

Date: 4/12/2007 6:52:23 PM
What is the style that most people here like?

We are really feeling a Cathedral Setting with channel sets.
Well, this is EXACTLY the look I love and what my ring looks like so whether other people like it or not, if you like it that is what matters most. We looked at DOZENS of rings at local stores and then chose a style we liked. My ring is a cathedral with side diamonds that are channel set. I think it has a clean and smooth look to it. However, IF I had a princess center, I''d choose princess sides because I am into the whole matching thing but there is nothing wrong with round sides if that is what you like. Good Luck with your search.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 8:00:06 PM
Author: csj

Date: 4/12/2007 7:54:21 PM
Author: Maisie
1.gif
Well maybe I haven''t seen enough GOOD settings.
There is nothing wrong with looking around but I just meant that if you both love this one you should buy it........

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you're entertaining other options, I really like the ones Hikerchick posted. See how the center stone/prongs flow more with the setting? That makes it SOOOO much nicer IMO.

Here is another one of the same type of design that I love too: Scott Kay Ring

Picture of it:

This one even already has channel set princess diamonds!

11U18.jpg

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 8:13:22 PM
If you''re entertaining other options, I really like the ones Hikerchick posted. See how the center stone/prongs flow more with the setting? That makes it SOOOO much nicer IMO.

Here is another one of the same type of design that I love too: Scott Kay Ring

Picture of it:

This one even already has channel set princess diamonds!
Ooohhh . . . yes, that one neatfreak posted is gorgeous. I also love Scott Kay settings, very smooth and fluid.

MWG

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,

This is very masculine ring ...meaning too much metal and not enough diamonds. Nothing wrong with that if that is what youare going after. Also, the lines of the ring are not very pleasing and the look is DATED!! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I believe there are much better choices than this setting out there. Good Luck

MWG

csj

Rough_Rock
Thank you for all of your replies and suggestions. I think I'm going to go with this style, but have it custom made with a more elegant touch. Going to add 2 rows of 5 Princess cuts down both sides for a total of 20. What would you guys think if the gold separating the channels was removed? Or should I leave the separation just make it look more elegant.

I've heard the word Chunky from a few jewelers. Also, it is a Cathedral setting as has been confirmed by 4 Jewelers.

Thanks for all your help.

If anyone can think of something that is similar style to this ring, I'd be happy to look at it!

Also, I've got my eyes on a new Princess, here are the specs.

1.17 - E SI2
5.9 x 5.9 x 5.1
Table: 69.5%
Depth: 69.5%

The ratios on this diamond are absolutely perfect and the cut is ideal, I'm extremely excited to view this diamond personally, 1:1 Ratios all around
6.gif

csj

Rough_Rock
Anyone have opinions on my last post?

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds like you have figured out what you''d like in a setting. Congrats. How wide are you thinking the band will be. A double row of diamonds will be quite wide so be sure you want something that wide.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results