shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me with this diamond please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

joanna7

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone. I''ve been lurking for a while, and now it''s my turn to ask for some help with a diamond.

It''s a J VS2 stone, which is as low as I''m willing to go, and the price is really awesome for the size. It''s a GIA excellent cut with very good polish and symmetry. I ran its specs through the cut advisor, and it scores a 0.6 with excellents on everything - and it falls in the both the GIA excellent and AGS ideal ranges.

I''m going to try to attach the idealscope and the picture of the diamond - I hope it works. Is this is a really good deal, or should I keep looking?

joanna7-idealscope.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi joanna,

Could you please post all the specs on it for us?

joanna7

Rough_Rock
Here''s a picture of the actual diamond. Hope this works.

joanna7-diamond picture.png

joanna7

Rough_Rock
Depth: 59.9%
Table: 57%
Crown angle: 34.5%
Pavilion angle: 40.6%

Do you need anything else?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 6:50:49 PM
Author: joanna7
Depth: 59.9%
Table: 57%
Crown angle: 34.5%
Pavilion angle: 40.6%

Do you need anything else?
No, as far as what I personally was looking for. It tends to lean towards the shallow side of things. That "can" mean it could suffer from head obstruction (if you look at it closely, your head blocks the light and causes the diamond to go dark a bit), and it "can" affect the contrast/scintillation. GIA rounds their numbers also, so they could lean even more towards the shallow side or not, we just don't know.

I personally would pass, but I am picky.
2.gif

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Size and dimensions? And what is the $?

joanna7

Rough_Rock
It is 0.80ct and $1840, which is by far the cheapest I have seen for this size/clarity/color. I''ve found other stones similarly priced, but they did not score well on the cut advisor.

I want a good price, but I also want a pretty diamond. What do you think?

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
As Ellen mentioned, head obstruction might be an issue here, as you can see from the slight more black in the IS than an ideal cut. Might not be that noticeable if you are a little far-sighted.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is that price before or after pricescope discount?

Have you tried looking in the SI1 range?

joanna7

Rough_Rock
That''s after the pricescope discount. My boyfriend currently refuses to get an SI1, but maybe I can get him to budge a little.

Will this one really be noticeably darker? Would you take a chance on it? Though we don''t really want the hassle of returning it, even though that would be a possibility. Can you help me find something else if you don''t suggest this one? I''ve searched a lot, and everything else seems much more expensive, but maybe there''s a reason this one is so cheap....

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would chance it. :razz: It will not be significantly darker.

joanna7

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 7:18:37 PM
Author: Stone-cold11
I would chance it. :razz: It will not be significantly darker.

Thanks so much for you advice! I think we''re leaning towards getting it, and we can always return it if it''s really hideous. The price just seems too good to let slip by.

Anyone else out there have any opinions on this before we pull the trigger?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you should be ok, if the price is right take a look in person if you like.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results