shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP ME WITH RECYLING PROJECT!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CinnamonTea

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone!
Okay this will be a long thread...
Basically, I am wanting to make a pendant ( or 2 ) depending on your responses.
This my collection, that I want my pendant(s) to match back to.
Orignally, I wanted to make my Diamond into a solitare pendant.
Like a bezel set halo pendant in style.
Well I also have a loose burma Ruby that I
30.gif

I orignally pictured this ruby set into a bezel set halo.
So my question is:
Should I make them both into the same pendant or each into their own?
I can''t really think of any creative ideas for a pendant with both stones, and thus im having trouble deciding.
Anyway, I will post pictures of my collection, so you can get an idea of the look im going for.
I will also post some pictures of some pendants that I have for design ideas.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your time!
1.gif
- Amanda

threerings3.jpg

CinnamonTea

Rough_Rock
Okay so here''s the loose burma ruby I want to use:

I will post specs on it later.

looseruby1.jpg

CinnamonTea

Rough_Rock
Here''s the diamond I want to use for the pendant project:

( It''s currently set into a 6-prong ring mounting )

diamondring624.jpg

CinnamonTea

Rough_Rock
Here''s some design ideas:

Any questions or comments are welcome!
2.gif

RP23465.jpg

CinnamonTea

Rough_Rock
This is the type of halo pendant I love.
9.gif

halopendant2476.jpg

CinnamonTea

Rough_Rock
Okay well I got the info on the gems:

Burma Ruby:
0.75 cts
4.7-5.0 mm round (somewhere inthere)
eye clean

Diamond:
0.58 cts
5.02-5.01
G color SI-1 clarity
eye clean

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I love recycling projects! You could have halos around both stones with one mounted above the other, but I think that design is more common with three stones rather than two. Personally I think they would be more wearable as separate pendants. I would do one with a halo and the other as a simple solitaire. I just did a new pendant myself using a diamond that I had and I can tell you that adding smaller stones around the center stone really makes it look bigger and blingier!

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
I agree w/ Sundial about the surrounding stones making the whole thing look bigger. I just had a family stone set in a halo pendant & I am very happy w/ it.
You should look at the adwar castings catalog and see if there are any styles you like.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree..I set them separately. I do like a simple halo.

CinnamonTea

Rough_Rock
Great thanks everyone for your help.
1.gif

I have decided to make the stones into 2 seperate pendants.

Where can I find the adwar castings catalog?

Also does Whiteflash or any other PS Vendor(s) that you know of,
will they do custom designs with stones you send them?

OR do they have to be stones you buy from them?

Thanks again!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
from what I understand, they will use your
stone.

For example, Lynn sent her stone
to be set in a WF custom setting

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Google adwar and their website will come up. You could also do a search here on PS and see adwar projects people have done. I was insprired by Jelly''s adwar pendant that she had set by whiteflash. I know that using a cast setting from a catalog like Adwar can be less costly than going totally custom.

Hope this helps and have fun searching!

CinnamonTea

Rough_Rock
Well I am currently browsing through the Adwar catalogue and also the Stuller site.
I wanted to get this done through a ps vendor but i''m still not sure if they will take my stone?
I noticed that jelly who had her pendant made through whiteflash bought a wf stone, well I already have my stone to use in the pendant so.
38.gif

I have seen some pretty pendants around.
Another thing is if I do go with Stuller or the Adwar castings, I still have to have the mountings purchased through a ps vendor. Will they even do this? Do any of you know which PS vendors work with or will work with Stuller or Adwar?
I don''t really see any uniqueness with the Adwar or Stuller settings, they all kind of seem cookie-cutter to me.
I like the idea of going completely custom but I am not sure if our budget will allow it.
I like the custom halo pendant with the lattice like style cut-out on the side.
I was thinking something similar but how about heart shape cut-outs?
26.gif

The attached picture is of a mounting that I found browsin the web.

5e0996880.jpg

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
You could call some of the pricescope vendors such as Whiteflash, Good Old Gold, and Wink Jones to see if that would be willing to acquire or make a pendant setting for your stone. Also if you have a good local jeweler you could take them a picture of what you like and get an estimate to have what you want custom made. That is what I did with my pendant project. The picture you've attached is very pretty and unique!

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
I know that WF and GOG will order from the casting companies. I know that GOG was willing to take my stone and set it in a setting they would order, but I ended up going through a small local B&M, where I looked through some of the catalogs they had. If you have a local jeweler that you trust then I would go in an talk to them. Mine let me browse through his catalogs that had better pictures than the ones I found online- there were pictures of the setting profiles and there were plenty w/ fancy trellis/lattice/basket work. There are TONS of catalogs of settings out there and you will be amazed at the variety.
The catalogs you see online don''t always give all of the detail.

I don''t know what size your stone is, but I know when I was looking and I contacted some places regarding designer/custom settings it was going to cost at least double to go custom/designer over the casting. Since I had had my stone appraised and knew it''s value I didn''t want to spend half the cost of the stone on the setting, since I have other projects I would like to complete.

CinnamonTea

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for being so helpful!
35.gif

I''m going to contact some PS vendors for price quotes and more information.

Thanks again.

Here''s some more eye-candy!

3rings1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results