shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me with my setting please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MsSkiBunny

Rough_Rock
I''ve been reading this board for a little while now and finally decided to log on.

I''ve been engaged for 2 weeks now. My fiance gave me a beatiful princess cut solitaire ring on a presentation white gold tiffany 4 prong band. We''re looking at settings now as well as wedding bands. We plan on being married within the next month. I was looking at a couple of websites and can''t decide whether I want a plain setting or one with diamonds in it. I know I want the wedding band to have diamonds in it. I saw some beautiful matching setting/wedding band sets on Blue nile but I don''t want to have too much of an "overkill" of diamonds. My solitaire is beautiful and I don''t want it to get *lost* within the diamonds on the band.

So now I''m trying to decide on the setting. Should I go for plain or diamonds?

Thanks!
21.gif

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
Hi MsSkiBunny:

Welcome and congratulations on your engagement. I personally love a plain engagement ring (no extra diamonds) and a diamond band. That way I can wear the band by itself and I can also wear colored stone bands with my engagement ring.

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
My favorite ring to compliment a solitaire as a wedding band is a really simple, thin eternity band (set with small pave diamonds all the way around). I think it really compliments the solitaires and sets off the beauty of the large stone. I love seeing the plainness of the solitaire and then the small sparkle of the wedding band.

My two cents. I love diamonds in the wedding bands
1.gif

detta

Rough_Rock
I always prefer a few side diamonds. My husband's boss's wife just got a BEAUTIFUL 2 carat brilliant and set it in a plain yellow gold band. Beautiful stone, unimpressive ring. When I see a solitaire with just a plain matching band, I think it looks sooo lonely! I can certainly appreciate the beauty and quality of the stone, but something seems to be missing. Just my opinion. Go to www.adiamondisforever.com and look at the different solitaires and other rings that you can create on their site. Maybe that will help you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results