shape
carat
color
clarity

help me with my princess!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

June8

Rough_Rock
hi everyone, thanks to everyone who answered my questions before. this is a very helpful place. so much information! i can't digest it!
smile.gif
i have a question about this princess that i found on diamonds.com.
GIA certified
1.7 carat
I
VS2
75.8% depth
70% table
girdle: med-thick
cutlet: no
polish: vg
symmetry: gd
fluorescence: no
6.70*6.40*4.85
$7500
first off, what do you guys think about this one? i intend to have a simple solitaire platinum setting.second, when i punched in the numbers on pricescope's comparison function, i found 5 or 6 listings from different dealers and all had the exact same numbers. the only thing different was the price which ranged from $7000-7500. do these online dealers tap into the same database or something?third, how do i find the crown and pavillion numbers for the halloway? i've been to a couple of websites, but none of them ever provided that info.finally, somewhere i read that larger round brillants are more expensive than comparable size and quality fancy shapes. what does "larger" mean? like 5 carats or 1.5 carat (what i'm considering)? i'm still undecided between a round, or princess or radiant. shape wise, i like them all. so, if anyone have more advice please tell me.thanks for bearing with a novice like me!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yep, trade only B2B sites list rocks and several e-tailers put on very small margins (usually less than 10%) and electronically list them on their websites.
This is very democratic and price competitive.
We cant help you with HCA on fancy shapes. There are other links to fancy shapes and a resident expert, Dave Atlas, who you can have stones sent to for his independant and world expert appraisal, just keep exploring this site and you will find out all you need to know.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
June8, Garry is correct. There are databases of the diamonds available to many vendors. So you can find different prices for the same diamond depending on the vendor's pricing policy.It gives you an idea of the price level although creates a small problem - some diamonds can be unavailable since quite a few people try to sell them
smile.gif
You cannot use HCA for the fancy shapes. The best start for the fancies' is AGA cut grading system: www.gemappraisers.com/chrt.htm

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results