shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me with gallery design!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So I'm pretty set on most details for my reset - it'll be a plain, cathedral shank with a small, tilted halo but I jsut can't decide what to do with the gallery. I know that I want something different from the usual stems. I know that I don't want diamonds in the gallery or anything too intricate that covers the pavillion of the diamond too much. Beyond that, I don't know. I've attached some photos of the galleries I like and would love to hear your thoughts on these and any other ideas.

coolprofiledurnell.jpg

ritaniprof.jpg

SKprofile.jpg

profile.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that Durnell profile!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Durnell but with the two sides linked (for stability). You can do engraving instead of pave as well on those struts.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I agree, if you want something a bit different and unique, then I'd go for the Durnell. :love: I liked the idea of linking them as well for security. It sounds like things are starting to come together for you Alene. I'm excited to hear what you decide!

novicediamond

Shiny_Rock
Hi, I'm going to be different and vote for the last pic posted, I think the lines are so graceful and elegant :)

elliemay

Shiny_Rock
I love the last one -- so dainty and graceful!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are all beautiful options! I'm torn between 1&4. 1 with a link to both sides for stability as mentioned above. 4 because the soft curlicues appeal to me.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Alene, what are the dimensions of your stone? Do you like the double claws of julia?

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks guys! I really like the Durnell profile but if it'll look good witbout the pave.
Christina, my stone iz 7.6 mm. I really like the Julia too, wonder how it would look with a halo.

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Alene, I'm going through the same process, have been for the past 5 years....although hubby doesn't want me to halo my stone. :evil:

I think the basic elements you have chosen are beautiful. All the following can of course be done without diamonds on the baskets.

simple.jpg.png

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Art Nouveau's Spinel has a devine gallery, whilst not being too covered...

butterfly.jpg

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I digress. All are a bit blingier than you wanted......can't help myself. ;))

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sparkles, I love the first two you posted, thanks! I wonder if the first one could be done without covering the culet considering that my stone is much smaller.

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Any decisions Alene?

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sparkles, yes, i'm working with Steven kirsch, who came up with the gallery design. I can't quite describe it but it'll be different and will havesome diamonds in the gallery.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results