shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me with COLORS!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hi ladies,

Well, the time has come for me to really decide what kind of color scheme I am going with for my September 28th wedding, and I am having the hardest time... We have to pick out the bm dresses and get started with the florist, and I still have not come to a decision!!! So, I figured I would ask my trusty PS pals to help....you always come through!!!
2.gif

For the bm''s, I think I want to go with chocolate brown -colored dresses, which is my favorite color in the fall....but for flowers and the rest of the color scheme, I am really stuck between 2....Do you think I should go with creams, pink (a very very light pink), and ivories, OR peaches (very light), ivories, creams, and chocolate cosmos? Let me just say that I really hate orange and I really hate pinky pink, and I am afraid that the florist will go too far with either of those color schemes...I really have to emphasize that I just want a HINT of color, whether it be pink or peach....I know I sound crazy psycho over it, but orange has to be my LEAST fave color ever, and I am really not a dark pink kind of girl....
3.gif

I am going to post some pics - let me know what you think!!!
1.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Ok- here are the peaches, ivories, choc cosmos (color scheme) I was talking about....this is a bm bouquet shot....

boqshot.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Here is a pic of bm's holding those bouquets...I love the look of those colors against their choc brown dresses!! So pretty for a fall wedding!!!

pewshot.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
OK, here is an example of the brown/pink scheme...I am just thinking, will it be too trendy if I go with this? I feel like this color combo is very hot right now, but will it looks ridiculous in 30 yrs when we look at my wedding pics?
6.gif

bmpic.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
A table setup...

brandpinks.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Peaches, ivories, etc setup..

prettysetup.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
More...I want to do a lot of candles just like this.

prst.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Another shot of a more "fall-ish" color scheme....

If anyone has any other suggestions please let me know!! Thanks in advance!!!
2.gif

sarahboquet.jpg

brgirl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/6/2007 10:43:13 AM
Author: Dani
Ok- here is the peaches, ivories, choc cosmos color scheme I was talking about....this is a bm bouquet shot....
I LOVE this first one. I might be biased, though, because peach roses are my absolute favorite.

I am having a Fall wedding and wanted to incorporate peach, but after looking at the leaf colors this past year, decided i LOVE Red and bright orange. I am getting married on a 130-acre farm with lots of trees, so I wanted to incorporate ''natures'' decoration!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2007 11:06:02 AM
Author: brgirl

Date: 1/6/2007 10:43:13 AM
Ok- here is the peaches, ivories, choc cosmos color scheme I was talking about....this is a bm bouquet shot....
I LOVE this first one. I might be biased, though, because peach roses are my absolute favorite.

I am having a Fall wedding and wanted to incorporate peach, but after looking at the leaf colors this past year, decided i LOVE Red and bright orange. I am getting married on a 130-acre farm with lots of trees, so I wanted to incorporate ''natures'' decoration!
Thanks, brgirl...if you love that color scheme I am sure I have a few pics for you too...
2.gif

reburg.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
More for ya....I think this is a little too peachy-orangey for my taste though...
2.gif

peachnat.jpg

cara

Ideal_Rock
I like the pinks better, even though it is trendy. I think the light peach against brown will look like orange, especially in low lights, so don''t do that unless you find a particular peach flower that you love LOVE the look of and are certain you woln''t hate.

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/6/2007 10:54:12 AM
Another shot of a more ''fall-ish'' color scheme....

If anyone has any other suggestions please let me know!! Thanks in advance!!!
2.gif

Well, I absolutely LOVE this one, but I''m not sure how it would translate into a color scheme. Although, I don''t really think they have to. My flowers aren''t really going to *match* my colors...

Example: My colors are navy, white, and lighter shades of blue. That includes the paper stuff, BM dresses, linens, etc. I certainly could go with all blue and white flowers, but I like to see a little contrast! My flowers will have some blue and white in them, but there will also be some pale peaches and yellows thrown in.

I think you could easily go with chocolate brown and ivory as your "colors," but mix in some pinks or peaches into the flowers. And I really like the touches of silver leaves in that last pic you posted.

All that being said, it seems to me like *you* like the brown and pale pink scheme best, so I think that is the one you should go with! Giant pale peonies like the ones in your avatar would look great with deep brown. And as for fears of things being dated...no matter what, most of our wedding albums will look dated in 20 or so years, but give them another couple decades and they will look timeless (or at least be treasured as the style of the times)!
2.gif

gail013

Shiny_Rock
I am thinking the peach color scheme is gorgeous. I am wondering if you go that direction if you can pull in some golds which would be gorgeous with those colors too, while the light pink wouldn''t work as well with that.

E B

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE the first scheme, with the rich peach, chocolate and red. I made a quick dupioni collage...let me know what you think!

danicolors1.JPG

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Thank you cara and gail!!!

Fatafelice- Thanks for your input....I really like both color schemes, that''s why its so hard to choose...I do love light pink peonies, but the problem is their lack of availability in late September...they are really more of a spring flower- dont want to pay an arm and a leg to get them "flown in" from somewhere, ya know?
2.gif

Hi EBree- how is your wedding planning going? Thanks so much for the collage...although, I am a little color blind though I guess- where do you see red in the first pics? Are you talking about the red berries, or the flowers? Those dark flowers look like a chocolatey color to me- I might be wrong though!! Sometimes I really do think I am color blind!!!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2007 12:06:20 PM

Hi EBree- how is your wedding planning going? Thanks so much for the collage...although, I am a little color blind though I guess- where do you see red in the first pics? Are you talking about the red berries, or the flowers? Those dark flowers look like a chocolatey color to me- I might be wrong though!! Sometimes I really do think I am color blind!!!

I took the red from the berries! Hehe. I guess the red would just be an accent, but I *love* the chocolate and peach with some ivory. If I'd seen those bouquets earlier, I'd be having a struggle right now over that color scheme and mine!

My planning is going well...we went to try on my dress again in, and it's still perfect. We'll be buying it in the next couple of weeks. We'll also be booking the photographer! Oh, and FH and I put together the cutest DIY invitation mockup with a vintage bird illustration. It's copying this perfect invitation I saw in a magazine somewhat, an invitation that'd be like $8/person (letterpress)! We've decided to do a bird theme to fit in with our garden venue. I'm really excited.

Have you found anything new or exciting?

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2007 12:13:32 PM
Author: EBree

I took the red from the berries! Hehe. I guess the red would just be an accent, but I *love* the chocolate and peach with some ivory. If I'd seen those bouquets earlier, I'd be having a struggle right now over that color scheme and mine!

My planning is going well...we went to try on my dress again in, and it's still perfect. We'll be buying it in the next couple of weeks. We'll also be booking the photographer! Oh, and FH and I put together the cutest DIY invitation mockup with a vintage bird illustration. It's copying this perfect invitation I saw in a magazine somewhat, an invitation that'd be like $8/person (letterpress)! We've decided to do a bird theme to fit in with our garden venue. I'm really excited.

Have you found anything new or exciting?
I know....this is going to be a really hard choice....

I haven't really done anything since I purchased my dress in Nov...I have to do the bm dresses, flowers, hotel blocks, and book the airfare for the hm soon....then I guess on to the invites in the spring...so just really doing everything very slowly, which is nice, b/c I really get to take my time deciding on things. Sometimes I think that is bad though, since I am the queen of indecision!!!
2.gif

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock

Fatafelice- Thanks for your input....I really like both color schemes, that''s why its so hard to choose...I do love light pink peonies, but the problem is their lack of availability in late September...they are really more of a spring flower- dont want to pay an arm and a leg to get them ''flown in'' from somewhere, ya know?
2.gif

Hmmmm, I was forgetting about the availability issue...Darn.

Maybe it would help to think about other plans you have for the wedding? I mean, if you can picture a certain type of favor or something that would lean in one direction or the other?

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/6/2007 12:13:32 PM
Author: EBree

My planning is going well...we went to try on my dress again in, and it''s still perfect. We''ll be buying it in the next couple of weeks. We''ll also be booking the photographer! Oh, and FH and I put together the cutest DIY invitation mockup with a vintage bird illustration. It''s copying this perfect invitation I saw in a magazine somewhat, an invitation that''d be like $8/person (letterpress)! We''ve decided to do a bird theme to fit in with our garden venue. I''m really excited.

Not to hijack, but Ebree, do you have any pics for us of this bird invite? You know I am always up for bird-related goods!
2.gif

Clarygrace

Shiny_Rock
Hello Dani:
I like the peach and brown combo better, they are very elegant! It''s interesting, we are both Sept brides but almost a month apart! My wedding day is Sept 1 and I''m using summer colors and you are at the end of the month with fall colors!

I chose hues of periwinkle, blue and white, with a touches of deep yellow...

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I have to tell you that I never thought that I would like brown and red together, however, I saw one of those million dollar wedding shows and the bride choose deep reds and chocolate browns and it seriosusly was amazing. I will look and see if I can find some pictures.

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Dani,

Another Sept. bride here, actually going through flower/color decisions now also.

I have to say that I love the first color scheme more, although both are pretty.

I adore chocolate cosmos. We''re going for a more country-nature''s colors fall look (9/22) as we''re getting married out in the country, so a bit different.

One suggestion, not sure what you will be carrying, but even though my sis''s are going to be having more of a fall wildflower bouqet I am going to be having 18 ivory roses with a few Sahara roses- one florist told me that Sahara''s can range from an antique-y champagne color to a slight peach, so it could be a good option.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2007 3:57:13 PM
Author: labbielove
Hey Dani,

Another Sept. bride here, actually going through flower/color decisions now also.

I have to say that I love the first color scheme more, although both are pretty.

I adore chocolate cosmos. We're going for a more country-nature's colors fall look (9/22) as we're getting married out in the country, so a bit different.

One suggestion, not sure what you will be carrying, but even though my sis's are going to be having more of a fall wildflower bouqet I am going to be having 18 ivory roses with a few Sahara roses- one florist told me that Sahara's can range from an antique-y champagne color to a slight peach, so it could be a good option.
Thanks, Labbielove! That really helps b/c in the first color scheme, I know there are Sahara roses in there per the pic description on The Knot which is where I got it from- but I am not familiar with Sahara roses and was wondering which flower it was. I am not sure if there are slight pink roses in those bouquets either- or are those the Sahara's? And I have no idea what kind of flowers those peachy ones are (towards the back of the bouquets in the first pic). Anyway, thanks again, now when I go see the florist I can actually sound like I am a little bit knowledgeable about flowers!!!
2.gif

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
hmmm tough call. I too am toying with the chocolate/muted pink combo and have the exact same issue with ''will it be too trendy''/look dated. Most people say not to worry about this b/c anything we pick now will look dated in a few years--so i am sticking to that theory ;-)

I do love the first pic. and the shot with the bouquets against the brown bm dresses is really lovely.

I say go with the combo you like the most right now and don''t worry too much about the pictures

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/6/2007 10:47:46 AM
OK, here is an example of the brown/pink scheme...I am just thinking, will it be too trendy if I go with this? I feel like this color combo is very hot right now, but will it looks ridiculous in 30 yrs when we look at my wedding pics?
6.gif

I think that the brown/pink, brown/ pale blue, brown/pale green, combos are lovely, but they are very trendy and I think they are actually "fading" out right now. I know 2 people who have had brown weddings in the last year... I am in one in Sept. and when she said that she was going w/ chocolate brown dresses I thought- AGAIN- not that it will look bad in 30 years, but another brown wedding. I just think it''s been done a lot lately and it''s not a "fresh" look.

Have you thought about sage green? going w/ a lighter shade of brown- like a mocha? It''s just my opinion but I think the whole chocolate thing is just getting really over done.

I was in a navy blue wedding and we had ivory flowers, it was lovely- so classic- it was a november wedding.

bargaincrazy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/6/2007 11:16:23 AM
More for ya....I think this is a little too peachy-orangey for my taste though...
2.gif

Hi Dani,
I think the too peachy-orangey bouquet is less orangey than the first set with the chocolate cosmos, but I LOVE those peachy ivory choc cosmo bouquets. I think those gorgeous church pics in the pews influenced me, because of the two (pink vs. peach) color schemes, I personally prefer the peach and like the idea of having the option to work in reds, golds, and other fall colors. However, if you LOVE pink and brown, then you won''t look back on it as trendy. It''s only bad trendy if it''s a color scheme you would never normally do. I see the pink and brown as kind of pretty and sweet and the peach scheme to be very rich and sophisticated looking. Which scheme do you think is more YOU? Come to think of it, brown/peach/red is kind of trendy as well. Aren''t those color schemes quite prevalent in the wedding magazines, e.g. Martha Stewart?

For my cousin''s wedding, her colors were "sable brown and sage green" as she put it. I will attach a pic of the bmaids'' dress color and their bouquets, which were peachy.

tiff bmaids bouquets.jpg

bargaincrazy

Shiny_Rock
dress color "sable brown"

tiff bmaids dress color.jpg

sunshine12

Rough_Rock
My wedding is scheduled to take place on Sept. 22, 2007 and we are going with choc. brown, ivory and light pink. My question is what to put the guys in!!!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much, everyone, for all of your input! I really appreciate it!

Bargaincrazy- thanks so much for those pics. Your cousin''s wedding looked gorgeous!!
30.gif

I would love to hear more opinions/input!!!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results