shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me with COLORS!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zekele

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/6/2007 10:54:12 AM
Author: Dani
Another shot of a more ''fall-ish'' color scheme....

If anyone has any other suggestions please let me know!! Thanks in advance!!!
2.gif

This bouquet is beautiful and would look lovely with chocolate brown dresses :). Not to throw another suggestion into the mix, but any thoughts on pale lavender with chocolate brown? Really, though, the options you are considering all sound tasteful and I think will stand the test of time. Especially the peach flowers - typically, I don''t think those get too dark or orange-y, just verify this with your florist.

Good luck and do let us know as you make your decisions. And show pics ;-)

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it, and I think it is not trendy, they are two very lovely and basic colors. I love those chocolate roses, and the cream is great too. Instead of light pink, you could do a more wine color that blends with the chocolate, I think either is great. I also love pale green and pale blue with brwon, but that may not look quite right. I think brown will always be stunning no matter what. Brown is not a trendy color to me, and goes with so much...

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also love some copper thrown in somehow...

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
what about those really pretty pale green orchids?

I would not worry about "fresh" etc...in choosing a scheme. Pick what you like. You are not reinventing the wheel here, but picking colors you like. I did my son''s bar mitvah party for the adults in cream, copper, gold and chocolate brown. It was rich and warm and elegant. Do I care if someone else does it too? NO, because I loved it and when I look at my pictures I still do. What things are 100% timeless and will always look current? I am not sure...

bargaincrazy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/6/2007 10:52:43 AM
Author: Dani
More...I want to do a lot of candles just like this.

I LOVE all those candles and that centerpiece is gorgeous with the deep fall colors!!!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone!

I think at this point I am leaning more towards the first color scheme I posted....especially since it is a fall wedding, I feel I am being drawn to that more....I really think it is so lovely and rich. I am going to contact the florist over the next couple of weeks and get his input on this too.

I am almost 100% sure I am going to stick with choc brown for the bm dresses- even though I know chocolate is very "in" right now- I think it will always be...it is a classic color, like black and navy, imo...and I am really not sure what other color I would do alternatively....I have more classic taste, so I knew that for a fall wedding, it would probably come down to either a chocolate or champagne.....

Ahhhhh...too many decisions!!! I am so bad at this!!!!!
40.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i prefer the first option. i don''t know if it''s purely b/c i prefer those bouquets sooo much better than option 2 though. i don''t care for how bouquet 2 has spots in it created by the chocolate cosmos. i think the first bouquet blends SOOO much better. i guess too, i really like the richer colors of the first bouquet. i love rich colors. i also think with the first option you''d have more colors to work with for other things - table linens, centerpieces, etc.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
dani,

i love, love, love the first color scheme. i think it is that little bit warmer than pink and will really be well suited for a fall wedding. i also think that chocolate brown is completely classic!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
For my Sept 28 (2003!) wedding we did deep red and yellow for wedding colors, reminiscent of fall leaves.

partyjewels

Shiny_Rock
Well I''m really not sure what to tell you about your colors, both look lovely and personally I would pick the peach combo over the pink, but then again it''s not my wedding it''s yours :)

I just wanted to comment on the candles, they do look very lovely, but be sure to check on any guidelines/regulations/restrictions with wherever you end up having your reception. Alot of places won''t let you have ''open flame candles'' like the ones in your picture. Most require you to have them enclosed somehow for fire safety, etc. Just wanted to metion that, good luck with your colors!!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much, all. We are going to decide on the bm dress soon, and then on to the florist....will keep you updated!!!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results