shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me to choose please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pmm

Rough_Rock
Hi all. Im a newbie. I need your help to find a rock for my gf ering. Please!!!
Which one would you pick? Which one is a better deal? How come whiteflash rock tend to be more expensive than jamesallen or am I missing something?

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/H-VVS2-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1193875.asp
http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/H-VVS2-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1193764.asp

Thanks.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Whiteflash's ACA stones are branded and going to cost a little more. The beautiful cut is worth it to some but that doesn't mean the JA stone wouldn't be beautiful, too. They are AGS0.

I am not an expert in cut so I can't comment on which is better of the 2 you've picked because they both look nice to me. VVS is overkill for many of us. I'd feel comfortable in dropping down to VS or even any eye-clean SI.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/28/2009 8:23:36 PM
Author: swingirl
Whiteflash''s ACA stones are branded and going to cost a little more. The beautiful cut is worth it to some but that doesn''t mean the JA stone wouldn''t be beautiful, too. They are AGS0.

I am not an expert in cut so I can''t comment on which is better of the 2 you''ve picked because they both look nice to me. VVS is overkill for many of us. I''d feel comfortable in dropping down to VS or even any eye-clean SI.
ditto..

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
Hello and welcome!
35.gif

Taking the numbers for each stone from the JA site and plugging them into the HCA (available here), shows the 1.07ct is most likely going to be the better performing diamond of the two.

The others have advised also that you could drop down into the VS category safely to save some money. Clarity is always a personal choice, so if you're more comfortable in the VVS range then that's perfectly fine. Many people are able to go down to an SI1 and find stones that are "eye clean" to their standards, thus saving a bit of money as they're generally priced a bit lower.

I noticed there were Idealscope images posted as well. If you'd like to learn more about them, you can see it all here.

Good luck deciding!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/28/2009 9:37:40 PM
Author: girlie-girl
Hello and welcome!
35.gif

Taking the numbers for each stone from the JA site and plugging them into the HCA (available here), shows the 1.07ct is most likely going to be the better performing diamond of the two.

The others have advised also that you could drop down into the VS category safely to save some money. Clarity is always a personal choice, so if you''re more comfortable in the VVS range then that''s perfectly fine. Many people are able to go down to an SI1 and find stones that are ''eye clean'' to their standards, thus saving a bit of money as they''re generally priced a bit lower.

I noticed there were Idealscope images posted as well. If you''d like to learn more about them, you can see it all here.

Good luck deciding!
Both look great, if you aren''t sure then ask the gemologist at JA to look them over for you, also as GG says you could drop tp VS without visual sacrifice if you wished, but this is a personal preference.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/28/2009 8:23:36 PM
Author: swingirl
Whiteflash''s ACA stones are branded and going to cost a little more. The beautiful cut is worth it to some but that doesn''t mean the JA stone wouldn''t be beautiful, too. They are AGS0.

I am not an expert in cut so I can''t comment on which is better of the 2 you''ve picked because they both look nice to me. VVS is overkill for many of us. I''d feel comfortable in dropping down to VS or even any eye-clean SI.
And ditto the above.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results