shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me think. Solitaire setting for 1.23 F CBI — 1...2...3—GO!

diamondsareagirls

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I love my Vatche U 113! The height is just perfect.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Excellent decision, and excellent that you feel at peace now you've made the decision - the sign of a correct one!

What metal are you doing?

Platinum! It should be ready around Easter.:dance:

uyalison

Shiny_Rock
Premium
If money is not problem, then for sure go with the HPD New York classic.

Otherwise if you don’t plan to keep the setting when you upgrade again, I think 2000+ is a little expensive for a temp setting for just 1-2 years. I find usually people lose half of what they paid for when they sell the setting. And it is hard to sell a setting because it is customized for a particular stone size. Also I think there will be more interest in the vatche u113 in the resell market, as it is a more well known brand and setting. Something to keep in mind: the cost per wear.

Sorry a bit late but better late than never.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes, @uyalison — good points! I didn’t post very clearly before as my thoughts were evolving. This size stone (and setting!) will be “the one” for several years. I wasn’t so sure about that when I started the thread.

The setting is $1800, and I did have a little extra “windfall” of $800 come my way, in excess of what I had already stashed away, so that helped in making the decision!

In other (rare, rare) news: the diamond came back from AGS graded E color. I don’t think this happens very often. :think: I haven’t seen any details yet regarding the AGS report.

I’m obviously very pleased with this news! My maiden name starts with an E, and BONUS that 1.23 E rhymes! :lol:

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
That's great news @KristinTech! The CBI grader, Lieve, is VERY strict on color and clarity. I also have a recent CBI stone that came back a higher color from AGS. It's a beautiful thing that you still pay for the price of an F, even though now you're getting an E. ;)2 I love CBIs....

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats @Wewechew! I love it that HPD gives us this option when stones are still in production, yet will give you a discount if it comes back lower, although I don't think that's happened as far as I know. :roll

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats @Wewechew! I love it that HPD gives us this option when stones are still in production, yet will give you a discount if it comes back lower, although I don't think that's happened as far as I know. :roll
Yes, it is an excellent perk!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results